PDA

View Full Version : After Monaco

LUD02C
25-05-2004, 08:20 PM
From F1-Live

The Spaniard was furious after he hit the Monaco tunnel-wall on Sunday and he blamed the BMW-Williams ace, Ralf, for forcing him wide into the slick marbles. But asked whether he'll confront Schumacher, Alonso said 'No.

''Probably not - he added - I'm not going to waste my time talking to someone who is not prepared to listen to me. I've got more important things to do.''

Meanwhile, Michael Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya - who collided co-incidentally in the same dimly-lit tunnel, won't exchange words, either. ''I don't think we have anything to talk about,'' said the latter Colombian.

He added: ''If he wants to talk to me I'll stand there. But I'm pretty fixed in my mind what happened and what I think about it.''

And

Williams' Head to step aside Patrick Head is stepping down as BMW-Williams' long-serving technical director. The thirty percent team shareholder is likely to announce a staff shake-up on Tuesday as Grove opens a new wind tunnel at their headquarters in Oxfordshire. His successor is probably chief operations engineer Sam Michael, an Australian. Head could take-on the new, more managerial, role of 'director of engineering.'

Williams' 2004 car, the radical-looking FW26, has thus far proved a disappointment, and is ostensibly the reason for the technical re-organisation.

Head has been Williams' technical chief for 27 years.

A source close to Grove denied that Williams' owner and principal Sir Frank Williams ordered the change following pressure from German engine partner BMW. ''I made the decision,'' Patrick Head said at Monaco on Sunday. He said it's 'in response' to the unsatisfactory start of the season.

McChook
25-05-2004, 10:50 PM
OK

The first thing - love it, Shit talking RULES!!!! F1 needs more. Bring back the biff!!!!

the second article - Now this is important news - Becase Aussies like to employ fellow Aussies. No only that, but Sam Michael knows his shit, and is taking over the job of a real legend of the sport, so it will be interesting

Dylan
25-05-2004, 10:58 PM
i dont think sam michael will have more of a say now that hes technical director.
not saying that he wont have a say, but i still think patrick head will make as much of a role as he used to, hes just stepping aside to show sam michael the ropes before he retires. even tho he says he isnt, hes an aging man and probably wants to try other things in his life.

Villeneuve and Webber for williams 2005... i doubt the villeneuve part but i would LOVE to see it. we need villeneuve in F1. another tough, never take shit from nobody driver like JPM.

and williams already had a high regard for aussies anyway, becasuse when they had Alan Jones as their driver, who they won the 1980 F1 WC with, frank williams and patrick head still consider him to be their favorite driver they have employed.

gonna be a good season next year.

ferrari - msch and barri
williams - ??? and webber
mclaren - moy and kimi
renault - ??? and alonso
BAR - ??? and button (possibly anthony davidson?)

bigteethygrin
25-05-2004, 11:07 PM
i heard during the race that montoya wasnt looking too happy about moving to mclaren. Might not be too late to change his mind..

i dunno if renault would be wantng to lose Trulli at the moment.. i wonder hwere he is going to go?? If he's available I'm sure he wont stay that way for long... I reckon frank williams would be talking to him if he was on the market.

Button i heard is at the end of his contract for the year so he could either stay or go.. its no secret that he has been talking to williams... though yeah it does look like BAR is a stronger team to be with at the moment hey. As for the other seat I reckon Sato has done a great job and it would be a shame to see him go.

And yeah I'm a Jacques fan too.. I reckon he's a good aggressive driver who's had rough trot. Lots of potential there though.

McChook
25-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Trulli is Italian, Rubinho is boring. I say bring on Trulli to Ferrari.....
cat + pidgeons = ??????????????
The italians would love that, they wouldn't know who to support - an Italian or Shumi....

LUD02C
26-05-2004, 10:20 AM
If BMW was smart they would get Webber and Davidson for next year!
I can't see Trulli or Alonso leaving Renault.
Juan and Kimi will make up McLaren
Button won't leave BAR but who will join him there?
I think they should get Jos Van Strappion (spelling)

VTEC16
26-05-2004, 11:55 AM
If BMW was smart they would get Webber and Davidson for next year!

I agree - i think davidson's performances in practive have been consistantly awesome......webber hasnt really had a chance to shine recently - hope that doesnt have negative effects on his future (see: JV)

Dylan
27-05-2004, 12:08 AM
I think they should get Jos Van Strappion (spelling)

lol yeah you were way off

Jos Verstappen his name is lol. although i dont agree with you that he deserves to be in F1 at this stage
There is rumour he is going to replace Georgio Pantano at jordan in the next few races. hes already tested for them

and the fact of the matter is that the only reason why Taku is at B.A.R is because of Honda. Honda want a japaneese driver in their team, and B.A.R, at the start of this year, couldnt afford to let honda down.

now that honda are happy, i think they can afford to let Taku go and replace him with a faster, more rounded driver like anthony davidson.

Watch this space!

bigteethygrin
27-05-2004, 06:15 PM
i dunno about letting taku go.. its like how ferrari keep rubens.. In my opinion i feel rubens is only there to play the bridesmade. if you wanna winyou gotta run as a team and not compete with each other.