PDA

View Full Version : Turbo charge 5th Gen Vtec Prelude

shallot
10-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Anyone know how much will be the cost and where to do it in Sydney? Thanks in advance:wave:

TheFranchise
10-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Probably looking at close to 10g to get a good job......

The NSW boys would be able to give you names of places to go to....

CUL8R
10-10-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah budget about 8k minimum....target about 10k.....some of the big nsw boys will help out more tho.

Brash22
11-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Are you stuck on the idea of turbo, or are you open to the idea of the Jackson Racing S/c, which is a better option in my opinion.

shecomb
12-10-2006, 08:15 AM
You will be up for $10k easy..

bigteethygrin
12-10-2006, 02:54 PM
There are a few places that can do this. and alot of places that will make a mash out of it. Prelude australia has members who have experienced both so it might be a good place to start.

CUL8R
12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
You will be up for $10k easy..
listen to him

Mitchman
13-10-2006, 12:41 PM
JRSC is very not cheap lol $4500 delivered i got quoted. Also dont know how efficient it is above 6 pound. Unlike your turbo options where u can change boost rate per application SC isnt as easy to adjust. and def cant do it on the fly. I realy think the JRSC is the better option for a street prelude though, it realy compliments the already great power curve just makes torque alott smoother. Also the JRSC replaces your intake manifold with its own and it cant be intercooled so on ausy hot days youl be blowing sum realy hot air :-s
Turbo is good option.. never realy thought to do it myself but would be fun. I think cul8r's right 10 grand to do it properly. Ask Dyno Dave at redline motorsports to do it, i hear he is bomb and hes doing my engine :-) so has to be good haha hes in sydney

shecomb
13-10-2006, 02:14 PM
The supercharger is belt driven and requires a change in belt pulleys to adjust boost pressure.. Bit tricky to do on the fly!

shallot
16-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys. I am getting a quote from Redline and i will let you guys know the progress... Cheers...

shallot
16-10-2006, 10:32 PM
JRSC is very not cheap lol $4500 delivered i got quoted. Also dont know how efficient it is above 6 pound. Unlike your turbo options where u can change boost rate per application SC isnt as easy to adjust. and def cant do it on the fly. I realy think the JRSC is the better option for a street prelude though, it realy compliments the already great power curve just makes torque alott smoother. Also the JRSC replaces your intake manifold with its own and it cant be intercooled so on ausy hot days youl be blowing sum realy hot air :-s
Turbo is good option.. never realy thought to do it myself but would be fun. I think cul8r's right 10 grand to do it properly. Ask Dyno Dave at redline motorsports to do it, i hear he is bomb and hes doing my engine :-) so has to be good haha hes in sydney

Do you have their contacts?

Mitchman
16-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Search for Dyno dave in here, or email dynodave42@hotmail.com

shallot
18-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Thank you! Wrote an email to the him already!

Menthu Rae
19-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Ask Dyno Dave at redline motorsports to do it, i hear he is bomb and hes doing my engine :-) so has to be good haha hes in sydney

I hear all these good things about Dave, but in my dealings with him - I've been waiting 2 months for a Throttle Body & Intake Manifold which I've paid for in full... I am yet to see it.

Every time I call him I get a "your mechanic should have it tomorrow" or "my guy is dropping it off tomorrow" or "I'm dropping it off on the weekend"...

Hasn't happened... So my opinion at this point in time would be to look for someone other than Dave. :thumbdwn: Extremely disappointing given all the good things I'd heard about him.

Mitchman
20-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I hear all these good things about Dave, but in my dealings with him - I've been waiting 2 months for a Throttle Body & Intake Manifold which I've paid for in full... I am yet to see it.

Every time I call him I get a "your mechanic should have it tomorrow" or "my guy is dropping it off tomorrow" or "I'm dropping it off on the weekend"...

Hasn't happened... So my opinion at this point in time would be to look for someone other than Dave. :thumbdwn: Extremely disappointing given all the good things I'd heard about him.

Luke go through Elee.b (Weapn R) on PA hes like his rep lol Daves silly busy atm. You think waiting 2 months is bad... i bought chubs sleeved h22a block 2 months ago and in the last 2 half weeks he's cut all communication with me and looks like hes shafted me bigtime.. Ill ask elee bout lookin into where your shit is tonight. was it skunk2 gear to? there isnt any stock of skunk2 IM or TB cant remember which in the country atm elee tells me but ill ask.

Menthu Rae
20-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Luke go through Elee.b (Weapn R) on PA hes like his rep lol Daves silly busy atm. You think waiting 2 months is bad... i bought chubs sleeved h22a block 2 months ago and in the last 2 half weeks he's cut all communication with me and looks like hes shafted me bigtime.. Ill ask elee bout lookin into where your shit is tonight. was it skunk2 gear to? there isnt any stock of skunk2 IM or TB cant remember which in the country atm elee tells me but ill ask.

Was Skunk2, but Dave said it was in stock... and each time I've called him, he's said it's "just arrived" etc and would send it to me "tomorrow" or something.

Just hasn't happened. There are a number of other members on PA who haven't received their goods either. It's ridiculous.

Also, I have been in contact with Elee about 2 weeks ago... yet I still don't have my kit. :thumbdwn:

Mitchman
20-10-2006, 12:40 PM
hmmm not good... a lil to busy for his own good it seems. and i ordered a skunk2 IM and throttle body from him the other week to lol

[stealth]
21-10-2006, 12:56 AM
i really hope u get ur goods.. coz a friend ordered/paid some months and months ago and never saw it

shallot
21-10-2006, 09:59 PM
thanks guys for telling me your experience. I wrote email to him and he never replied. I think i rather go someone else. Any other ppl you guys can suggest?

Menthu Rae
21-10-2006, 11:53 PM
I finally received my stuff on Friday morning. However, I still can't recommend dave for purchasing products.

His Dyno tuning services may be different however I haven't used him for that yet.

Blew_lude
23-10-2006, 09:29 PM
thanks guys for telling me your experience. I wrote email to him and he never replied. I think i rather go someone else. Any other ppl you guys can suggest?

well i PM'd you, but u must of tossed it out!

skinnyboy
25-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Probably looking at close to 10g to get a good job......

The NSW boys would be able to give you names of places to go to....

fark me Daz wherve you been dude????

LTNS mate, hit me up with an MSN sometime!

ALLMTR996
27-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Thank you! Wrote an email to the him already!
To which e-mail address ? I do all his quotes and I have not had a request for a H22A turbo setup for over a month and that job is being done now.

Menthu Rae if only you knew the full story as Skunk2 have stopped selling TB's till later this year and Dave was sent 68mm ones in the first shipment (and they where sold) as you ordered a 66mm unit,and the e-mail I just read he sent you when you first ordered it said he had none in stock and it will be in the next shipment which he still does not have,the one for you was sent from another US supplier that Skunk2 got back in and air freighted out for him.If you want me to post up the first e-mail he sent to you so everyone can read it the date was 21/8/2006 ?.

Mitchman your stuff is on the shelf ready whenever you are as Elee was going to let you know but last time Dave spoke to him he said leave it there till you sort out your engine drama's.
Now to all the others that are on PA that are waiting for stuff from Dave there are only 2 order's here and they are both engines so please get the facts correct before posting BULLSHIT remarks.

And Stealth get your friend to e-mail dave@redlinemotorsport.com.au and I will sort that one out for him.
ALLMTR996

CUL8R
28-10-2006, 06:32 AM
allmtr...
the PA boys have had trouble with adam, i never once said that i was unhappy with how dynodave treated me, adam however was a different story. he has really ruined a part of redline motorsports reputation in the way he approaches his business.
dyno dave was a pleasure to deal with, he sorted my refund that adam danced around for months within 2 weeks

allmtr has jonzap contacted you guys at redline? hes copped a bad deal with adam and hasnt recieved like 2k+ worth of goods i believe, needless to say adam dances round the issue and is impossible to contact, i think jonzap is dealing with dave now.

ALLMTR996
28-10-2006, 08:02 AM
allmtr...
the PA boys have had trouble with adam, i never once said that i was unhappy with how dynodave treated me, adam however was a different story. he has really ruined a part of redline motorsports reputation in the way he approaches his business.
dyno dave was a pleasure to deal with, he sorted my refund that adam danced around for months within 2 weeks

allmtr has jonzap contacted you guys at redline? hes copped a bad deal with adam and hasnt recieved like 2k+ worth of goods i believe, needless to say adam dances round the issue and is impossible to contact, i think jonzap is dealing with dave now.
Yes I know you and your friend have sorted out the problem and Dave said e-mail him direct for any other help or advice :thumbsup: , and JonZap the deal with him Dave is going thru everything and is waiting on an e-mail from Skunk2 at the moment and will call Jon monday before he goes back to QLD.
ALLMTR996

Mitchman
28-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah talked to elee the other night on da phone.. hopefully i can get this F@$#@$@#$@#@$#n block and actualy fit my gear this year :-S thanks dude

WPN.22R
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
guys from PA can go directly through me anytime, and i will be the best contact to redline from PA.

and yes.. some people have very big mouths, which need to watch what they say sometimes on both PA and OH forums.

-elee

UR34DY
14-11-2006, 09:58 PM
depends on how much you want to spend? you can go bolt on which i don't reccommend or go all out.. a descent setup, your roughly looking at 10-12k on parts alone excluding labour, engineering etc..

FiniX
26-04-2007, 01:09 AM
i dunno were you guys going around for your quotes. but i used to work with cars my self for Autoking, but what they quote you is no were near what it costs them... rought to turbo a prelude ha22 top of my head would be something like
1. Manifold - $350
2. T03 Turbo with internal waistegate $400
3. parts for turb including hoses etc, $150
4. cooler + piping $800
now with what you got at this stage you can run the car turbo'd but if you want to run healthier. you looking at spending another extra $500 on ecu and dyno tune, obviously u need stronger brakes etc.. but i believe no more then 2k to turbo :D

Mitchman
26-04-2007, 11:18 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH dude are you for real???? Have you heard of FRM sleeves?? and how boost is not a freind to a factory FRM sleeved block.. for starters if your getting a computer and dyno tune for $500 your most prog playing a nintendo 64 for a good dyno tune your looking at half a day and it aint cheap unless the person is a dumb arse and a descent computer to run boost will set you back a bit maybe Hondata S200-300. A bolt on manifold from ebay which might be good for maybe half a year with low boost without cracking yeah sure $350.... lol im getting NA headers custom made from someone whos worked with cars for 40 years and has perfected them for $1200.. there is no way in hell you would do it all for $2000 and run anything more than 5psi without needing a rebuild in 6 months. Both UR34DY and WPN.22R have fully built turbos and WPN.22R has a mamoth H25 turbo build in progress working with a drag/race/street engine builder who happend to build my engine also...

WPN.22R
28-04-2007, 11:29 AM
i dunno were you guys going around for your quotes. but i used to work with cars my self for Autoking, but what they quote you is no were near what it costs them... rought to turbo a prelude ha22 top of my head would be something like
1. Manifold - $350
2. T03 Turbo with internal waistegate $400
3. parts for turb including hoses etc, $150
4. cooler + piping $800
now with what you got at this stage you can run the car turbo'd but if you want to run healthier. you looking at spending another extra $500 on ecu and dyno tune, obviously u need stronger brakes etc.. but i believe no more then 2k to turbo :D

Is that an EBAY JOB??

Thanks Mitchman... You said it for me, and i don't think it's as retarded as a nintendo 64 though.. more like an ATARI 2600!!

For a H22.. You are gonna need something ALOT bigger than a T03. That's ok for a 1.8l.

28-04-2007, 06:58 PM
2k to Turbo ?? hahaha thats cant be happening ...

atleast 6000-7000 K minimum budget ... and sure dont want a chinese brand turbo that fall apart in 1 year ?? dont you ??

WPN.22R
29-04-2007, 10:02 PM
1 year.. more like 1 month!

Trust me, i've seen it happen! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Spoon-Accord
30-04-2007, 02:37 PM
elee is the man!!

i am in the process. or was. organising to building my motor with elee.
my setup costed nearly 20k.

my plan was to run a GT35-40

if that gives anyone ideas

FiniX
30-04-2007, 02:37 PM
hehe sorry the prices i gave out would of been the prices i would of got it for, they would all be brand names but yeh like i said thats the price i would be grabbing of suppliers witch i have dealt thru for years so i really dont know the prices they go for out in the market

01-05-2007, 02:07 AM
spoon accord have to cancel his mine :p didn expect that much dont u ? :p

Vinnie
01-05-2007, 03:35 AM
hehe sorry the prices i gave out would of been the prices i would of got it for, they would all be brand names but yeh like i said thats the price i would be grabbing of suppliers witch i have dealt thru for years so i really dont know the prices they go for out in the market

thats still a highly misleading post about the actual cost of putting a reliable turbo setup into a gen 5 lude...