PDA

View Full Version : What can I do??

usaco
11-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Hi people,

I've got a 96' civic coupe vti (d16y8 engine).

I would like to have it run like the vti-r or bit faster, what mods can I do to achieve this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

TECBOY
11-10-2006, 01:51 AM
wat is ur budget?
the vti is a good engine but nothing u do na will b as good as dropping a dohc vtec engine in. U can drop a 1.6 vtir, 1.8 vtir (teg) and a b18c7 from type quite easily. if u dont want to do that u can turbo charge ur existing engine with very low boost to save engine wear, tyre wear etc.

nine_7_six
11-10-2006, 01:52 AM
got a feeling that the response after mine will be from one of the regulars saying use the "search" function :P

Q_ball
11-10-2006, 01:53 AM
got a feeling that the response after mine will be from one of the regulars saying use the "search" function :P
Search!!!!! :p haha
Check the stickies in the Civic forum, been covered many many times!!

TECBOY
11-10-2006, 01:59 AM
rep points for me are deserved la

usaco
11-10-2006, 02:04 AM
wat is ur budget?
the vti is a good engine but nothing u do na will b as good as dropping a dohc vtec engine in. U can drop a 1.6 vtir, 1.8 vtir (teg) and a b18c7 from type quite easily. if u dont want to do that u can turbo charge ur existing engine with very low boost to save engine wear, tyre wear etc.

Not sure about my budget yet.. Wanna see what my options are first and talk about prices later...

I was hoping that you wouldn't mention whole conversions.. crap!

TECBOY
11-10-2006, 02:06 AM
yeah man unfortunately the sohc engine just doesnt respond well to mods. u will save huge amounts of money turbocharging or swapping engines than trying to modd ur current engine na

BlitZ
11-10-2006, 10:07 AM
if you arent after a conversion.. then your only way is force induction..

tRipitaka
11-10-2006, 10:10 AM
boosting your car is probably your best option..

because if you blow your engine.. a d-series engine costs much less than a b-series to replace..

you also have to think about resale value.. and that only a selected few in the market will consider a converted vehicle.

plus, a boosted d > b-series

usaco
11-10-2006, 01:34 PM
if you arent after a conversion.. then your only way is force induction..

Hi Blitz, What's involved in the force induction? Is it reliable? How much gain will it provide? Thanx

A conversion would be my last option..

Q_ball
11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Seriously man, have u even bothered searchin round the forums,
You sound as tho u jst want everything spoon fed to you...
All your questions are of sucha novice level, that if you had done a LITTLE bit of research, you'd be asking more educated questions.

Q_ball
11-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Ok,
Read this, it will summarise a lot of information about ur civic: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30977

Especially this one - about the d16a8: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7045

With regards to forced induction application on a D,
Read these threads: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?searchid=342009

NeRV
11-10-2006, 02:54 PM
boost the Y8 man... if your serious and you want to read more go to sites such as www.d-series.org or www.turbod16.com for more information on how these motors handle with boost and how much they can pump out. :)