PDA

View Full Version : larger PM boxes n stuff

Nuttz
26-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Would it be possible to have larger PM boxes??
And more photos in personal gallery??

I will understand if there is a shortage of space or too much work involved. Just hoping there is a button u can click to make them bigger :)

PS. Thanks for a great Site ;)

wynode
26-05-2004, 10:20 AM

Already discusses here and it will not be increasing:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1025&highlight=inbox

That is more of a bandwidth/space issue. You can upload upto 3 pictures (up from 2 previously). If we make it much more, people might use it for other reasons.

LUD02C
26-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Wyn, if each member gave you say $10-$15 dollars what could we do to the site?
As in, benefitial wise...
Bigger gallery?
More this or that...
I don't know much about forums etc...
Something that would want people to give the $15

mo
26-05-2004, 11:02 AM
More money will be more space and bandwidth hence wyn could do anything basically...hosting pr0n etc... :P

but yes...bigger gallery for you jason!
but the thing is...it cant be a once off payment...
as he will need to change the hosting plan to a higher one which costs more :)

vti-2
26-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Maybe we can organise some sort of member paying system where they pay a yearly sum (doesn't have to be much, just $15!) and give them some little extras. Maybe we can also set up a forum for paying members. ;)

Just throwing up some suggestions.

wynode
26-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Thats starting to sound interesting vic............any other ideas guys/girls?

mo
26-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Maybe we can organise some sort of member paying system where they pay a yearly sum (doesn't have to be much, just $15!) and give them some little extras. Maybe we can also set up a forum for paying members. ;)

Oh like a join OzHonda for $xx a year and recieve sticker, t-shirt/cap or something? :D :P

vti-2
26-05-2004, 11:45 AM

Oh like a join OzHonda for $xx a year and recieve sticker, t-shirt/cap or something? :D :P

Yeah. Like pay $15-20 and get a sticker, custom title and access to an exclusive "paying members" lounge corner.

What does everyone think?

mo
26-05-2004, 11:49 AM
There could be higher membership packages...pay like 60 including a tee or something... :D

vti-2
26-05-2004, 11:53 AM
There could be higher membership packages...pay like 60 including a tee or something... :D

Yep. Still waiting for some to be made up though. :roll:

Calvo
26-05-2004, 11:57 AM
im all for paying a member fee if there are some benefits, and of course it would help keep this place open.

but yeh, like a package with sticker, t-shirt, forum title etc. would be sik.

count me in if it happens :D

LUD02C
26-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Look at what i have started :D
Make the forum free and have 3 free pics in gallery!

But pay an annual fee thing and get custom title and more pics upload etc..
We are on the right track.
Wyn what do you think?

Nuttz
26-05-2004, 10:52 PM

That is more of a bandwidth/space issue. You can upload upto 3 pictures (up from 2 previously). If we make it much more, people might use it for other reasons.

OK then :cry: :cry:
:D

Hmm with the paid member thing.. hmm i duno im kinda a tight arse and wont pay. Also haveing an exclusive forum for paid members is kinda bad in a way cos then its "us" and "them" kind of feeling.

vti-2
26-05-2004, 10:58 PM

OK then :cry: :cry:
:D

Hmm with the paid member thing.. hmm i duno im kinda a tight arse and wont pay. Also haveing an exclusive forum for paid members is kinda bad in a way cos then its "us" and "them" kind of feeling.

I don't think having an exclusive forum for paid members is bad at all. They are paying out of their pocket to help keep a forum running so they are more than entitled to extra benefits over members that do not contribute monetarily.

I think it would be very unfair if they were contributing their own money and we (Ozhonda) were not giving them something in return.

Let's not get too tied up on this one. ;)

A'PEXi
26-05-2004, 11:11 PM
i recon just a one off fee :D

mo
26-05-2004, 11:36 PM
CRSX has this forum just for paid members :)

and a once-off fee will not help to contribute the running costs of the forum long term...we are thinking long term here not short term...hell if it was short term, you can just pass around a tin at cruise and get people to throw in a gold coin.

A'PEXi
27-05-2004, 02:58 PM
once off fee would not help? say $100 per member if they wanted to join, permanent membership - 200 out of the 1.5k or so members we have now joined, thats already 20 grand, you have to take into account that new people are joining.... i doubt your going to use up 20 grand trying to run a forum with a little bit more space for pm boxes and stuff.

madgrk
27-05-2004, 03:09 PM
if its 100 bux, you'd want something out of it (Race meets etc). CAMS licence would be a great option if things like this went ahead..

mo
27-05-2004, 04:25 PM
once off fee would not help? say $100 per member if they wanted to join, permanent membership - 200 out of the 1.5k or so members we have now joined, thats already 20 grand, you have to take into account that new people are joining.... i doubt your going to use up 20 grand trying to run a forum with a little bit more space for pm boxes and stuff.

Well using the money to fund events would be a nifty idea 8)

Yspool
27-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah id be up for putting saome money in! nothing good is free, stuff that dumb song that says the best things in life are free!

This is a great froum and to keep it going i would pay money! :)

A'PEXi
28-05-2004, 12:02 AM
if its 100 bux, you'd want something out of it (Race meets etc). CAMS licence would be a great option if things like this went ahead..

lol well you do get stickers/membership area/shirt and a larger pm box? i mean if you start getting more things wouldnt it defeat the purpose of funding ozhonda? :P