PDA

View Full Version : Info on buying a Jazz

Vuey
12-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey crew

I will be in the market shortly for a Jazz . I was hopping to spend around low teens for a Jazz .
Besides the obvious , is there much difference between the GLI and VTI model ?
I'll be using it for driving too and from work .

Am i being realistic with my price ?

also , anything to look out for on the Jazz ?

Thanks for your help :thumbsup: :D

MzSuzi
12-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Im a owner of a VTi Jazz... and it runs pretty well!
There are several differences between the GLi and VTi.. like for instance the interiors are different and the engine ratio is slightly different. The GLi is a
I.3L, whereas the VTi is a 1.5L car.. and has VTEC. Im not so sure if there are much of a difference in driving performance tho.
And the prices are different. It all depends on what you would prefer...

Happy shoppin for a JAZZ!! :D

FIT
12-10-2006, 09:04 PM
May need to increase the price up abit, lets say an extra 2-4k

chicken8
12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
getting a manual im assuming vuey? since strawberry can drive manual too

definately a VTI. a VTIS is quite nice with the kit but depends on how much u want a kit and some rims. as the VTI is hubcaps

i think mid teens is more of a realistic price range

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?total_rec=16&search_distance=25&selected_model=10&vehicle_id=3543355&state_id=2&current_rec=5&search_type=20&model_id=4284&used_rec=10&make_id=19&category_id=3
asking 17k 40km black manual vti

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?total_rec=16&search_distance=25&selected_model=10&vehicle_id=3532494&state_id=2&current_rec=6&search_type=20&model_id=4284&used_rec=10&make_id=19&category_id=3
asking 18.5k 15km light blue manual vti

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?total_rec=16&search_distance=25&selected_model=10&vehicle_id=3419871&state_id=2&current_rec=9&search_type=20&model_id=4284&used_rec=10&make_id=19&category_id=3
asking 14.25k 40km white manual vti

chicken8
12-10-2006, 09:21 PM
oh also. (if this matters)

the later models were made in thailand. so it might be a better idea to buy an older jazz. say pre05?

sassy_fit_vtit
12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
check up carsales.com.. also check out ausjazz.org and check for jazz
s f/s there umz, i own a vti, manual im pretty happy with it, i havent driven the GLi to compare but its all about how much u wanna spend and what purpose it serves.

Vuey
13-10-2006, 07:42 AM
hey guys and girls (im assuming)

thanks for all the feedback :)

well if its manual or auto it doesnt matter . I got a few potential buyers for my current car so i'll be in the market for a Jazz pretty soon .

The body kit on the VTI is not important . As its going to be my mon-fri car . Plus , we needed something more practical ( with rear seats and a decent size boot :o )

Also , performance of the VTI to the GLI is not going to be important to be.
Just wanted to know if it was bang for your buck for the extra couple of $$$.

mj3610
13-10-2006, 10:22 AM
if u dont care about performance and u wouldnt mind auto then just get the cleanest and cheapest one that has low kms and has been looked after well. and try to get white.
good luck :)

Vuey
13-10-2006, 11:35 AM
if u dont care about performance and u wouldnt mind auto then just get the cleanest and cheapest one that has low kms and has been looked after well. and try to get white.
good luck :)

oh ,im not fussed about colour either , anything but black . ;)

Yeah , auto would be fine , cause i sit in peak hour traffic alot :(

If any of you know someone who has a jazz for sale , let me know .

Thanks for the input guys ;)

chicken8
13-10-2006, 01:57 PM
the CVT jazz actually uses less petrol than the manual.:thumbsup:

Vuey
07-11-2006, 08:47 PM
as i now have my car for sale , i am spending my spare time shopping for a Jazz . Based on the engine specs alone, i definitly want to get a VTI or even VTI-S . Besides the comestic of the bodykit of the VTI-S and other difference between the 2 models ? (VTI vs VTI-S)

Also , the OEM jazz bodykit expensive to buy on its own ?

I noticed there is nothing below mid teens $$$ for a VTI/VTI-S Jazz .

vividjazz
09-11-2006, 08:03 PM
The price difference between the VTiS and VTi is less than the cost of an OEM body kit when both are new. 2nd hand the price difference is less so the cost of body kit separately is even more. Besides the body kit the only differences are leather steering wheel, alloy wheels and bigger wheels 15" instead of 14", better quality tyres and fog lights. Engine, suspension and trim are all the same otherwise.

Jazz was facelifted for 2005 (different stereo but still no MP3, different dash lights and body kit) and sourcing of the vehicles sold in Australia changed from Japan to Thailand around April 2006. Thai Jazzes have LED tail lights and high mount stop light and side indicators integrated into the side mirrors.

Vuey
14-11-2006, 12:46 PM
The price difference between the VTiS and VTi is less than the cost of an OEM body kit when both are new. 2nd hand the price difference is less so the cost of body kit separately is even more. Besides the body kit the only differences are leather steering wheel, alloy wheels and bigger wheels 15" instead of 14", better quality tyres and fog lights. Engine, suspension and trim are all the same otherwise.

Jazz was facelifted for 2005 (different stereo but still no MP3, different dash lights and body kit) and sourcing of the vehicles sold in Australia changed from Japan to Thailand around April 2006. Thai Jazzes have LED tail lights and high mount stop light and side indicators integrated into the side mirrors.

thanks for all that info ! :thumbsup:
much appreciated :)
I test drove a VTI jazz today at lunch time , definitely very different to my current car .
But its nice , a nice ride :thumbsup:
oh , i was always going to change the stock wheels , and besides the cosmetics , the all important engine is still the same with the VTI-S.
Also , could you confirm that all VTI and VTI-S come with the sterring wheel shift ?

Seen some good examples of VTI and VTI-S on carsales going for about $15-$16k .

chicken8
14-11-2006, 01:43 PM
they both had the steering wheel shift.

on pre facelifts it was a button operated shift. on facelift models it was a paddle shift mounted behind the steering wheel (ferrari style)

jenova
11-12-2006, 05:44 PM
This looks like a good buy :thumbsup:

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/HONDA/JAZZ/Melbourne/detail.aspx?id=3198969&pg=1&pp=3&d=0&nv=1

Price: $12,750* Reg Exp:
Trans: 5 SP MANUAL Reg No: TJE649
Year: 2005 Body: 5D HATCHBACK Engine Size: 1.5 Fuel Type: unleaded Km's: 26000 Colour: Silver Location: Melbourne

anjingbalap
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM
go on vti .. then u can turbo charge it :P

btw no point driving a honda with no VTEC ON it.. lol..
i rather drive hyundai.. than drive honda without VTEC

anjingbalap
11-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I found out today.. VTI and VTiS on 2004 model.. they have different suspension.. on VTIs they have better suspension.. and better aerodynamics

i dont know about the newer/current model..

Vuey
12-12-2006, 07:32 AM
This looks like a good buy :thumbsup:

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/HONDA/JAZZ/Melbourne/detail.aspx?id=3198969&pg=1&pp=3&d=0&nv=1

Price: $12,750* Reg Exp:
Trans: 5 SP MANUAL Reg No: TJE649
Year: 2005 Body: 5D HATCHBACK Engine Size: 1.5 Fuel Type: unleaded Km's: 26000 Colour: Silver Location: Melbourne

thanks bro :thumbsup:

actually a mate of mine in melb picked that one up .
i dont know , it just seems waaaay to cheap for a jazz VTI with those specs . almost too good to be true . Those of you who know your car prices know that is a very low price :confused:

I picked up an 05 Jazz VTI manaul with full service, 1.5yrs warranty with 17,000kms on the clock for $16,500.

and when i was looking , couldnt find anything under $15,000 with about 40-50,000kms on it.

vividjazz
21-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I found out today.. VTI and VTiS on 2004 model.. they have different suspension.. on VTIs they have better suspension.. and better aerodynamics

i dont know about the newer/current model..

Not true the suspension is absolutely identical on the 2004 VTi and VTiS. Front sway, springs and shocks all identical. Unless you call tyres and wheels suspension. Only difference is the VTiS is more than 15kg heavier due to the extra bodykit, has fogs and a leather steering wheel. Do you think the aerodynamics???? of the bodykit will compensate for the additional 15kg weight? The VtiS has 15" wheels which are heavier than the 14" wheels on the Vti also helping to make it very marginly slower but the 15" factory tyres are heaps better than the 14" tyres which results in much better handling.