PDA

View Full Version : 7th Gen Civic Exterior "bump" Strip

Stealthassassin
12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi there,

My 02 red civic hatch has a black rubber "bump strip" along the front and back doors:thumbdwn:

Can i remove this without leaving holes? Would it mess with the paint etc?

It looks dodgy, so i want to rip the thing off!

Fr3aKi3
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Don't know about specifically about the 7th gen civics but i'd assume that it would just be stuck on as most if not all modern cars have those "guards" held on by clips, which means that it will leave holes.

Have you thought about getting them colour coded? Makes it much less noticable and have the strips there so less chance of your door getting damaged by other people openning their door.

Stealthassassin
12-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Have you thought about getting them colour coded? Makes it much less noticable and have the strips there so less chance of your door getting damaged by other people openning their door.

Yeah.... but i'm not too sure about that...? I think it may look pretty tacky and detract from a "sleek" look?

And i dont normally park my car anywhere other than home and work, so not too many shopping centre, door slamming nutters.

It was just a thought... can anyone confirm?

Stealthassassin
15-10-2006, 06:17 PM
I have looked at a few more over the last couple of days..... Most seem to be double sided taped.

Has anyone else removed these strips before... had any problems?

Cheers,
Stealth

noobie
16-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey can u post up a pic of the strip on the door? I know that on the sedans it is def. clips holding them on....but i thought the hatch came stock without the strips?