PDA

View Full Version : Manifold

teaseR
13-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey guys,
im thinking goin turb for my dc2 and found these manifold

http://cgi.ebay.de/TURBOKRUMMER-B16-B18-CIVIC-INTEGRA-CRX-Turbo-Kit-V-Tec_W0QQitemZ290036428996QQihZ019QQcategoryZ72653Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what do u think?? A/C freindly.... not willing to sacrifice A/C

thanks

Slow96GSR
13-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Some how I can't see that fitting in to the engine bay. Might be for extremely modded cars that have the motor rotated 90 degrees, like the AEM drag car. But then the down pipe doesn't look right. Hmm, ask if he has pics of it installed.

shecomb
13-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I would stay away from that one.. It is not a generic design and looks like the turbo is mounted somewhere near the battery!?! Also, could be for LHD car and OS models don't necessarily have an identical engine bay to ours.

You should search for a proven manifold that's been applied here already. Save unnecessary headaches!

Slow96GSR
13-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Stay away from SSAC and TurboXS or ZY manifolds. I always end up rewelding them when someone picks one up on Ebay!

[stealth]
13-10-2006, 02:47 PM
D-O-D-G-E... ebay isnt the route u should be taking when it comes to turbocharging your car...

teaseR
13-10-2006, 05:59 PM
just wondering coz it looks difffernt to others

saxman
13-10-2006, 06:19 PM
there's nothing that would suggest that's an SSAC manifold

looks like a somewhat standard tranny mount design.. I could see it working.

What does bother me about it is that it appears to have a wastegate take off in an absolutely horrible position and only coming off one of the branches. This is a HORRIBLE idea. The fact that they could do that part so incredibly wrong is reason enough to stay away.

CUL8R
14-10-2006, 01:53 AM
never buy a manifold coz the pics look good, the key is the welding and quality of bending aswell as an equal length design.

Slow96GSR
14-10-2006, 05:06 AM
^^^ And thickness of the material and what material it's made from.

string
14-10-2006, 03:00 PM
The fact that it's so shiny and buffed makes me less inclined to buy it. Shiny (to me) is synonymous with ssac. Crackfest 2006

If you aren't going to take advantage of the turbo being over the other side, then don't bother. The people who run this sort of manifold usually have a water to air, or dry ice intercooler (physically) between the turbo and the throttle, giving you a total of around 30cm of intercooler piping.

Slow96GSR
14-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Yup, you are also better off finding a shop there to custom build you a manifold if you really want to keep that a/c. Most "a/c friendly" manifolds off Ebay don't really fit right. Plus the repairs and shipping you might as well pay for a good one to start. Takes a day or two to make a good manifold with awesome welds.

saxman
14-10-2006, 05:48 PM
The fact that it's so shiny and buffed makes me less inclined to buy it. Shiny (to me) is synonymous with ssac. Crackfest 2006

If you aren't going to take advantage of the turbo being over the other side, then don't bother. The people who run this sort of manifold usually have a water to air, or dry ice intercooler (physically) between the turbo and the throttle, giving you a total of around 30cm of intercooler piping.

In my experience, tranny mount intercoolers are generally used more to allow an extraordinarly large downpipe(4").

string
15-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Well of course that is an added bonus; I wasn't pointing out the only reasons, since I don't know them all.