PDA

View Full Version : Idol / Throttle Body Cable.. - Eg Civic !!!! :S HELP

Sexc86
13-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey guys
Basically had a scary encounter with my civic a few days ago. Basically the story is my car is boosted and i had to go to the police inspection station last week. So Before this i removed part of my intake pipe with the bov and replaced it with a similar PVC pipe. After Takeing it for a drive the next day i got into drive the car and couldnt push the accelerator in and felt VERY stiff and frim. So i put a bit of weight behind it and went in and the peddle came back out however the revs cept riseing and riseing (very scary) untill hitting rev limiter :S (ON A COLD MOTOR !!!!:(:( )

Anyway after playing around with it a bit and putting some oil in a few places (on the cable from peddle to tb) i seem to get a bit more controll back however my idol is still very very high 1500 - 2000 due to the throttle body not being completely shut. If i controll the throttle body by hand in my engine bay i can controll the revs to red line and all the way to normal idol (800 ISH) however with the accelerator peddle i can still controll the revs as per normal however upon releaseing and going back to default position the rev do not Drop back to normal as quickly as the should.

It would almost be if insted of releaseing the accelerator fully in one go, it was being slowly released back.

Anyway Please let me know if you dont get what i mean, and/or give me some advice on how to get the problem sorted? weather it is in the throttle body? the peddles? the cable or a cable joint somewhere? etc etc

Thanks in advance

Lyle

ECU-MAN
13-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I think you accelerator cable is to tight,

or you have your accelerator cable kinked

take a picture of your TB there the cable adjustment is and post it up.

Sexc86
16-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Bump Bump! please help prob not solved :(:(

EG5[KRT]
16-10-2006, 04:39 PM
id say accelerator cable is farked :P

JasonGilholme
16-10-2006, 05:00 PM
I had the same problem in my eg2 when i rerouted the throttle cable. there was too much of a bend in one place and it was alsot a little to tight.

Sexc86
16-10-2006, 06:37 PM
http://i9.tinypic.com/31338n5.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/2j4qzid.jpg

FastFwd
16-10-2006, 06:51 PM
does sound like a kink in the trottle cable but if you have seem to fix it and you need to adjust the trotttle, there is a Flat head screw on the side of the trottlebody next to the map sensor and where your intake piping fits in the trottlebody just adjust that until you have the right rev's.

might want to look at replacing the cable. i had a similar problem on my old motor.

sivic
16-10-2006, 08:26 PM
i know this sounds really basic but perhaps check the clearances on that braided hose when the engine is running/revving. it may be rubbing/catching on the throttle pulley. sometimes its silly little things
its not a connection to the original intake that you've tucked away temporarily is it?

ECU-MAN
16-10-2006, 09:57 PM
move the clear tube away from the TB

the picture doesnt show the slack in the cable to TB, Is their any slack there ?