PDA

View Full Version : what do u think?

TwistedGurl
26-05-2004, 02:54 PM
ok..i have been shoping around for a lude [as u may know], i have found a few....all are vti-r's and all triptonic.

#1. '98....has 138 000 k's on it. triptonic and will sell for around $17 000. second owner. is really desperate to sell.

#2. '99....has 55 000 k's. stock as a rock. $24 000. said that its in good condition wit log books and all.

#3. '99...79 000k's. stock too. $24 000. really wants me to check out the car. he says i'l love it buy it straight away.

also, i dont really know wat to ask these guys. and coz im a chick they tell me all the standard features on the car like they were options or sumthing. [idoits] ;)

also, wen the ludes hit the 100 000k mark, wat problems will i be facing? that is if there are any.

-Lil-

LUD02C
26-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Just to ask, does the colour of the car and that matter to you?
Look for paint difference and see if the bumpers, guards etc line up (looking for accident history)

The one for $17,000 thats cheap!

MKI4EVA
26-05-2004, 03:41 PM
ok..i have been shoping around for a lude [as u may know], i have found a few....all are vti-r's and all triptonic.

#1. '98....has 138 000 k's on it. triptonic and will sell for around $17 000. second owner. is really desperate to sell.

#2. '99....has 55 000 k's. stock as a rock. $24 000. said that its in good condition wit log books and all.

#3. '99...79 000k's. stock too. $24 000. really wants me to check out the car. he says i'l love it buy it straight away.

also, i dont really know wat to ask these guys. and coz im a chick they tell me all the standard features on the car like they were options or sumthing. [idoits] ;)

also, wen the ludes hit the 100 000k mark, wat problems will i be facing? that is if there are any.

-Lil-

preludes for poofs and girls...........your a chic lilian..........get a cheap typeR!!!!............hehehhehe

Javed
26-05-2004, 03:51 PM
preludes for poofs and girls

Bullshit.

azjs
26-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Aw dude cmon u callin me a poof now eh?

twisted - as lud02c said, check out paint differences between panels, check where panel bolt up e.g. front fenders underneath the hood should be bolted down with bolts the same colour, if not, then they may have been reassembled from previous bodywork.

Engine - log books are okay, but drive it to be sure, an nrma/raa/woteva inspection would probably be your best yet, sometimes it can be tough to pick out a lemon if it's all been blinged up by a detailer the day before :D

100K service will set you back a few hundred so be wary of that as another cost down the road...

There's HEAPS more specific prelude stuff to look at, I'd recommend checking out the numerous threads on PreludeAustralia, they're pretty useful - listing some known issues with gen 5 preludes such as tiptronic problems, shock knock, etc

good luck!

-az

MKI4EVA
26-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Aw dude cmon u callin me a poof now eh?

twisted - as lud02c said, check out paint differences between panels, check where panel bolt up e.g. front fenders underneath the hood should be bolted down with bolts the same colour, if not, then they may have been reassembled from previous bodywork.

Engine - log books are okay, but drive it to be sure, an nrma/raa/woteva inspection would probably be your best yet, sometimes it can be tough to pick out a lemon if it's all been blinged up by a detailer the day before :D

100K service will set you back a few hundred so be wary of that as another cost down the road...

There's HEAPS more specific prelude stuff to look at, I'd recommend checking out the numerous threads on PreludeAustralia, they're pretty useful - listing some known issues with gen 5 preludes such as tiptronic problems, shock knock, etc

good luck!

-az

sorry dude i meant the newer ludes...........hehehhe..........im jk'n anyways.

lilian geeeeeeeeeeeet a TYPER!!!!...........hehhehe

McChook
26-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Go **** yourself Dung
or buy a car with multiple camshafts

Lil, I say check each one out before you do anything else

azjs
26-05-2004, 08:12 PM
sorry dude i meant the newer ludes...........hehehhe..........im jk'n anyways.

lilian geeeeeeeeeeeet a TYPER!!!!...........hehhehe

u betta be! :D

-az

MKI4EVA
26-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Go f*ck yourself Dung
or buy a car with multiple camshafts

Lil, I say check each one out before you do anything else

HAHAHHAA.........ah.......got the intended target..........ROFL......

that was worth a laugh.

vti-2
26-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Let's all just settle down...

TwistedGurl
26-05-2004, 10:12 PM
another bimbo question.....since i have no idea how to test drive a lude wit the tiptronic. wat should i do?

can the nrma inpector do that? will he thrash the car to see if it runs well? 8) :|

coz i dont want the car to die on me during them traffic light grand prix :D

vti-2
26-05-2004, 10:28 PM
another bimbo question.....since i have no idea how to test drive a lude wit the tiptronic. wat should i do?

can the nrma inpector do that? will he thrash the car to see if it runs well? 8) :|

coz i dont want the car to die on me during them traffic light grand prix :D

I don't know if they thrash the car or not. That really doesn't achieve much. They do a full engine inspection, check for leaks and shit. Make sure the body is straight and there hasn't been chassis damage. The check is VERY thorough and it doesn't lie. If the seller says that it hasn't been in an accident and you get the RACV test done, and it says the car was in a stack, then it definitely was.

Get one done. It is worth it, especially for a car you are spending a lot of money on. Not sure what the RACV test is worth these days though.

luzinit
26-05-2004, 11:12 PM
NRMA test doesnt pickup everything.. from personal experience...
i've had state roads check out my previous car.. half the price and highly recommend it (Y)

joneblaze
26-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Yup, or if you are in Sydney, you might want to use StateRoads for your vehicle check. They seem to be slightly more thorough and detailed in their checks.

McChook
26-05-2004, 11:19 PM
NRMA checks are poor. Had a car I was going to buy checked, and I found more wrong with it in 5 minutes than they did in 45mins. I did not buy that car because of its poor quality - they didn't even notice the holes in the floor, missing guard liners or roll cage welds that were cut.....

vti-2
27-05-2004, 10:21 AM
NRMA checks are poor. Had a car I was going to buy checked, and I found more wrong with it in 5 minutes than they did in 45mins. I did not buy that car because of its poor quality - they didn't even notice the holes in the floor, missing guard liners or roll cage welds that were cut.....

You will always get someone that's had a shit day and CBF!

TwistedGurl
27-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Yup, or if you are in Sydney, you might want to use StateRoads for your vehicle check. They seem to be slightly more thorough and detailed in their checks.

can u or sumone give me details on contacting 'state roads' and the RACV test?

i need to know how much it cost..blah blah blah....

cheers
-Lil- :)