PDA

View Full Version : extractors for rover 416i

vqcalais
14-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey, I own a 87 rover 416i and I have to say that I was pretty surprised by the amount of poke the little thing has, beating lancers, vn commodores, exa turbos and keeping up with other cars that i thought it couldnt. I was wondering if they made extractors for this model, I have looked but only found that an american company called pacesetters makes these and from what I can c, they dont sell them in Australia. This car is only a run around car and I dont wanna go crazy on it so I dont wanna go custom anything so does anyone know if the US spec tegs are the same as AUS spec so that I can use the pacesetters or do they sell anything in Aus?
cheers

Felix
14-10-2006, 05:47 PM
I may be wrong, but i believe these model rover's are a D16A1. Therefore there should be many extractors available for it.
Possibly integra SX16 extractors will fit??

Maybe these > http://undergroundimports.com.au/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_33&products_id=34

ohh and you would have to get a custom cat back system with these as i dont think they would align up.

FEL12X
16-10-2006, 11:46 PM
yep ...D series header may fit but u need to redo the lower bottom end flange to the cat
thats why i think too

zuihoujueding
22-11-2006, 10:44 AM
i owned an sx16 with d16a3 in it. i guess it the same as yours. no vtech? so what? its dirt cheap and yeah...it wsnt that fast but im amazed i can catch up with some commodores and even overtake at round about. i guess its weapon is at the corning, despite im still using the 18years old struts!
heard pacesetters are no good as the extractor opening are not cut to precision.
other than that u can find some on ebay. good luck!

blackjok3r
19-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I have genie extractors for a D-series. Then a cat and custom 2.25" mandrel exhaust. It goes extremly hard for and engine with 200,000Km's on it. :D

I'm pretty sure that the genies are for some kind of civic, but I didnt get them put on.

**QBALL EDIT: LEAVE ADS AND PLACES OF PURCHASE TO PM**