PDA

View Full Version : insurance problem

curtis
14-10-2006, 10:48 PM
hi guys

i have had an accident in my beloved 91 civic. yo cut a long story short the car is a total loss and the insurance company are refusing the claim on the grounds that the car was lowered 1 inch thus not being factory standards.

advice from the insurers ombudsman is that they are being complete pricks about the situation.

just wondering if you guys can give me some advice or point me in the direction of some data in particular vehical specifications that can help me prove that the car suspension was not a major issue in the case.

thankyou for your time

blk_shadow
14-10-2006, 11:26 PM
did you get hit? or did you hit?

jamchen
14-10-2006, 11:31 PM
did you get hit? or did you hit?
yeah it depends a lot whether or not its u got hit or u caused the accident...
but from the detail u provided i'd say u were resposible for the accident...
man should've adviced them about the suspension...

curtis
15-10-2006, 12:51 PM
yeh, i hit tree. swerved to avoid oversized semi. hit tree or hit oncomming semi? insurance dont give a shit.

Spunkymonkey
15-10-2006, 06:43 PM
insurance companies usually have clauses in their agreements which means if you fail to tell them about any changes, they can refuse to pay. Hence why its best to tell them or you risk getting into this same situation. Good luck mate hope it works out for you.

teh_mechanic
15-10-2006, 09:36 PM
the insurance companies love to nit pick and throw the legal book at you.
They'l do anything to crawl out of having to give you the money.I had a mate who got nothing for his written off corolla just because he had aftermarket rims on that had thicker centres than the stock rims which gave the wheel nuts 2 threads less contact........it was still definitely still safe,but it was enough to void his policy.
Goodluck