PDA

View Full Version : dc2r Brakes on 1990 civic hatch

cristian
15-10-2006, 12:03 AM
i heard that ITR brakes and suspension can be put into the ed's...
just wondering if there was any truth to this at all...
and if so...
any body who's performed this addition to their car share the pros and cons...:confused:

Kawasaki
15-10-2006, 02:29 PM
itr brakes and suspension will work. itr brakes = bigger = more stopping power. itr suspension is good on ef, just need to swap your rear LCA with dc2r one and change front fork

I have both items on my car atm

n/a
15-10-2006, 07:52 PM
you would need to change your front knuckles too, using either EG6 or DA9 wishbones, you'd be better changing them to DA9, easier to find. don't forgot the master cyclinder and brake booster, would make the feeling a tad better

people who have put ITR brakes on civics in general say it's a good mod, but some say the brake feeling is worse.. personal really.

bit of an overkill in an ED civic, unless you've changed the motor to something alot more powerful.

cristian
16-10-2006, 10:15 AM
im not going to be putting the b18 until next year, im just in the process of gathering up suspension and brakes upgrades before power...
another thing im not sure of is that if the halfcut would include brakes from the itr...

can u guys suggest a workshop thats familiar with this?!?

czy_sol87
16-10-2006, 10:41 AM
bit of an overkill in an ED civic, unless you've changed the motor to something alot more powerful.
its never an overkill to have better brakes

Zilli
16-10-2006, 10:44 AM

VERY well said:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xtercii
16-10-2006, 12:07 PM
It is when you braking capability exceeds your tyre’s gripping power.

barefootbonzai
16-10-2006, 12:09 PM
It is when you braking capability exceeds your tyre’s gripping power.
that's when right there :thumbsup:

unless you got ABS, this i guess it's all good.

czy_sol87
16-10-2006, 03:22 PM
u should bleed the brake system and change all the pads then have a look if u really need to upgrade the entire brake system, cause i just changed my front brake pads to new stock pads and i can feel an instant difference
maybe ur pads have just worn down over time and need to be replaced

n/a
16-10-2006, 03:48 PM

that's what i was thinking too, but it's better to have stopping proportional to how much weight and power you are pulling. having a stock Ef motor and ITR is overkill. with the B18C it'll be just right.

christian, 1/2 cut should include the brakes, unless stated otherwise. really depends on the supplier, so just check when you get your 1/2 cut.