PDA

View Full Version : new s2k member

euroasia
15-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Hey Guys,
picked up my s2k yesterday morning. Dealership cleaned it up nicely for me to drive it away. Although it was a bit nerve-racking at the start, because unlike when i test drove it, i actually owned the car now, and really didn't want to tarnish it in anyway, but once i got abit of open road, i became much more comfortable. Still getting used to it, seems like it's got massive blindspots when the roof is up, but I may just not be used to it.

Do any of you's notice the blindspots with the roof up, particuarly what would be the B pillars where the canvas folds up directly perpendicular to the passenger/drivers head?

fadz
15-10-2006, 10:47 AM
congratz on a great purchase ;)

JDM.Power
15-10-2006, 11:00 AM
very nice mate, get some pictures in aye.
btw pm me, for that gtir price.

ludecrs
15-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Blind spots are horrible in this car.

Just remember, *roof always down* lol.

What I do is, use all my mirrors [which is just not me] and also use the rear window. its the best you can do in the situation with the roof up. You won't change lanes anywhere near as fast, but its better to be safe than sorry. Or you could buy a hardtop :p

What year model etc?

Join us at S2ki.com and browse through the Australian section found under the international area. We're all nice..... most of the time ;)

dc2dc2dc2
15-10-2006, 11:32 AM
should be in intro thread.

welcome btw post up pics y0

ECU-MAN
15-10-2006, 12:51 PM
welcome to OH and congrats on the purchase.

Im with what ludecrs said,

the right is the worst when the roof is up, stick your head out the window :)

you will get used to it in no time, Just drop the top and enjoy

euroasia
15-10-2006, 02:59 PM
hahaha didn't put it into the intro's section, because i've been a member for sometime, i've just observed up until now.

It's a Mar 00 build, with 115,000km on the clock, was looking for an s15, and i almost had a closed deal, but once i took it to my mechanic, he said don't go near it.
After that, i couldn't find any reasonable priced S15's, and for the money s15's were going for, i thought i might as well (in my sense) turn it up a notch and look for an s2k, I was 96% convinced I only wanted the s2k after i test drove it, now i'm 100%!

(the other 4% was dedicated to practicality, price, insurance, other cars of interest, etc etc)

I'm looking for a hardtop, I know from Honda at Warwick Farm they quoted me $6995 - which i can't afford, but i'll settle for second-hand OEM or aftermarket ones once i get a better idea of their prices.

P.S. GTi-R is unfortunately not yet for sale, I'll let appropriate parties know when I'm ready.

P.S.S. I've been scouring the S2ki forums for awhile too, haven't joined up yet because it doesn't need a membership to view (I usually will join if i can offer any input or have a more active role). Now i have a more 'active' role, should be joined up soon!

Stephen

ROLLED
15-10-2006, 06:15 PM
hmm checking right hand side blind spots are the worst in this car with the roof up...try leaning forward from ur driving position and looking into the mirror, then you can see if there's anything right next to you!

ludecrs
15-10-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm looking for a hardtop, I know from Honda at Warwick Farm they quoted me $6995 - which i can't afford, but i'll settle for second-hand OEM or aftermarket ones once i get a better idea of their prices.

Used hardtops go as cheap as $1500 right up to about $3000.

Hard to come across one, let alone one priced at $1500.

sinb
15-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey Guys,
picked up my s2k yesterday morning. Dealership cleaned it up nicely for me to drive it away. Although it was a bit nerve-racking at the start, because unlike when i test drove it, i actually owned the car now, and really didn't want to tarnish it in anyway, but once i got abit of open road, i became much more comfortable. Still getting used to it, seems like it's got massive blindspots when the roof is up, but I may just not be used to it.

Do any of you's notice the blindspots with the roof up, particuarly what would be the B pillars where the canvas folds up directly perpendicular to the passenger/drivers head?

Hey man, welcome and congrats. In terms of blind spots and how to get over them.. use your mirrors and position them so that you cant see the body of your car when you look at them.. it tends to cover the blindspots. And you'll get used to the car. I have had my car for about 1 week now and it does get better :p

notorious
15-10-2006, 11:19 PM
hey congrats on the purchase, welcome to the s2k family hehe! post pics if you can!

chicken8
16-10-2006, 12:30 AM
hey euroasia. i just bought my one too. bought it saturday. the dealer is doing the service and cleaning it up and whatever and i get delivery of it on wednesday

i think its time for a cruise soon

BRU51N
16-10-2006, 02:16 AM
congrats grasso!!!

woohoo cruise...!!!! :)

wait til thers afew nice sunny day's u would never regret buying it ehahae
anyhows, drop by some time bro.. havnt seen u in a while.

euroasia
16-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey Rob, congrats on the buy! nice one, and i bet your looking forward to it, i know i couldn't wait till the weekend!!

Hey Willy, thanks dude! I gotta say i don't regret it at all, everytime i drive it, i grow a huge grin, it's such an awesome car! and i can't wait for another sunny day to drop the hood.

Alright we gotta organise i cruise! Hopefully before Dec 2nd, because i go overseas then onwards! Who organises this stuff?

Stephen

chicken8
16-10-2006, 09:08 AM
just find a nice date and do a EOI thread or something

but maybe u'd get more s2000s if u put up a thread on www.s2ki.com

s2o0o
16-10-2006, 10:40 PM
hey euroasia. i just bought my one too. bought it saturday. the dealer is doing the service and cleaning it up and whatever and i get delivery of it on wednesday

i think its time for a cruise soon

Grats on the purchases you two :D

The S is a stunning car! Take care and drive safely.

euroasia
17-10-2006, 08:55 AM
thanks dude, will and do! Don't think it'll be too long before i get my other car back either, hmm which'll be the weekend car :/

ludecrs
17-10-2006, 09:02 AM
lol "s2o0o" is a chicky. :p

chicken8
17-10-2006, 11:55 AM
friggin dealer just called me. wont be ready until late tomorrow afternoon.

was meant to get it first thing tomorrow morning

euroasia
18-10-2006, 12:44 AM
damn it, that has got to be the worst feeling, your anticipation just crushed, but don't worry, the longer the wait, the sweeter the meet!

chicken8
18-10-2006, 08:19 AM
i want your lip!!

ludecrs
18-10-2006, 10:40 AM
You could got one last week or ven 2 weeks ago from here, but it sold 2 days ago :p

chicken8
18-10-2006, 10:47 AM
too poor to get anything for the car now

and i went and treated myself to a shopping spree at LV yesterday too

not really a shopping spree since i only bought 2 things. but that still cost me 1800

so now im just putting fuel in the car and thats it.

sinb
18-10-2006, 03:52 PM
too poor to get anything for the car now

and i went and treated myself to a shopping spree at LV yesterday too

not really a shopping spree since i only bought 2 things. but that still cost me 1800

so now im just putting fuel in the car and thats it.

Chick,

Hard life eh? shopping worth 1800..! jokes but I hear ya..! :p

lilphil
18-10-2006, 05:11 PM
yo grasso

toE
18-10-2006, 07:37 PM
This really is more of an intro thread.
Hence, *moved*

euroasia
22-10-2006, 04:48 PM
i forgot to add the topic initially as 'new car: s2k', not new member with s2k :/

lilphil: fancy seeing you on here buddy :p how's it going?