PDA

View Full Version : changing bulb for headlight on a eg

d15z1SUX
15-10-2006, 05:54 PM
well ive changed the drivers side bulb but im finding it quite difficult to remove the passenger side one. theres like the brake fluid or some kind of fluid resevoir directly behind the headlight making it very hard to reach into. can that be removed to put the bulb in?

also the globes i bought were sum super white kind. is it normal for them to shine up a little higher up than normal globes? or could it be that the globe is positioned incorrectly.

NeRV
15-10-2006, 06:49 PM
if your having difficulties getting to the light bulb on the left hand side.. you could always remove your front bumper and then remove the whole headlight unit? thats one way... but im sure if you keep trying you could just pull it out while everything is there... its a pretty tight squeeze.

destrukshn
15-10-2006, 07:03 PM
okay, that reservoir is for your porwer steering
pull it up, it should slide off a bracket.
just move it out of a way a bit, becuase once you take off the bottle from the bracket you can move it.
from there you can kinda just take out and put in a new bulb.

EuroDude
15-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Yep mine was a biatch to change the bulb as well. I lifted up the fluid reservoir and held it back while I changed the bulb. Its a bit messy but thats pretty much the easiest way to do it.

The black pipes going into the reservoir are quite tuff so they can bend back to a decent extent, giving you just enuf clearance to change the bulb.

d15z1SUX
15-10-2006, 07:29 PM
ah i see. i will try that out. thanks for the help. :)