PDA

View Full Version : Project red eg

teh_mechanic
15-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi all.
Ive just bought my first honda after saying goodbye to my first car - '90 alfa romeo 75.
After some thought and lookin around at options i settled on a red eg civic hatch .Red wasnt one of the colours i was lookin for but i found this civic pretty much stock and for a good price so its a good base to start building on.
Im in the first year of my mechanic apprenticeship and (as the money comes in.....slowly lol) im slowly building this civic up to be a performance orientated car with some light cosmetic work (wheels,minor interior etc)

My plans include:
wheels ofcourse - not sure whether to go for 16 or 17 inches.16 wud b better for my gear ratios and all but the ladies do love the extra inch hahaha.

B18c1 or c5 engine conversion to be installed myself....somethin to keep me out of trouble and in the workshop on weekends. Im hoping for a b18 but if a halfcut or reasonable engine gearbox etc. package is too hard too find or too pricey id settle for a b16a....ill try and drive both before making a decision.

Engine will take most of the $$$ so its time to save some money for me and then ill work on suspension,changing from rear drum brakes to discs, a decent exhaust system to let my vtec breath and ill then look into swaybars etc

so out of all this i know ill kiss alot of $ good bye but hopefully ill hav a fairly potent street car that i can take out on weekends for some light circuit work.

Look forward to learnin alot from this site and meetin some fellow honda tuners.

Chi
15-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Are you in America or Australia?

B18c1 = USDM GSR
B18C5 = USDM Type R

If you want performance 15-16" would be a better choice for wheels to keep the weight down not to mention better handling.

Anyways welcome to the forums.

teh_mechanic
15-10-2006, 09:30 PM
im in australia.yeah i thought gsr was c1 and type r was c5 and thats wat they were called here.but maybe not.anyway,thats wat im here to find out.

still alot of research to be done before i get to the engine swap.
And as for the wheels, i know if im gonna be spendin all this money on making power i should do my best to get it to the ground and save weight...just gotta fight of the demon in my head that keeps sayin 'dayum those big wheels look tite' lol.

sleeper
15-10-2006, 09:37 PM
B18C7 = AUSDM
welcome to the forum

Chi
15-10-2006, 09:42 PM
B18c7 = AUDM Type R
B18C2 = AUDM VTiR