PDA

View Full Version : Big Rock Affect my suspension!?

macoman69
15-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I drive a Integra Type R DC2 fitted with Tein SuperStreets.

I recently was driving in a pretty poorly lit area and didnt notice a HUGE F@#!ING rock i was about to run over.

Anyway i hit it and obviously was quite a shock cause the impact was quite big.

As soon i stopped swearing and composed myself i stopped the car and checked for damage. Tires where still inflated and no cracks or buckles in the rim (Thank God).

I just wanted to know whether this experience could have damaged or affected my coilovers.

kayot1k
16-10-2006, 12:44 AM
nah man. heheheh

i slid out one time on a S bend and clipped a rocky mountain, busted my tyre, bent my rim and damages to other panels and my coilover on that particular corner is still fine.
i was really paranoid after cus i hit the mountain at such speed, got pedders suspension check, and mechanic's to check out the sussy area and everything was fine. but i refused to believe ... mind you alot of mechanics are lazy and just say stuff like if theres no damages to the coilover it should be fine.

ull get paranoid for abit but just listen for sounds and inspect for damages and/or leaks around the coilover . if you see no changes you should be fine yo.
turn up ur damper and go for gold !!
:thumbsup:

edit... but then again depends on ur particular coilovers. if the build is any good etc...

G-Stick
16-10-2006, 02:12 AM
yea u better go check it out becoz tein SS are very weak. i had them on my old dc2.

bennjamin
16-10-2006, 07:46 AM
at least you will need an alignment again. No doubt the toe is out of whack from the impact.
Hopefully there isnt a dent /warp in your rim

Zilli
16-10-2006, 02:35 PM
at least you will need an alignment again. No doubt the toe is out of whack from the impact.
Hopefully there isnt a dent /warp in your rim

exactly what i was going to say, IF it hasnt bent anything which a full frontal impact generally wont due to the coilover taking the brunt of it, then your alignment will be out... get that done asap before you chew through a set of presumably expensive tyres

kayot1k
16-10-2006, 05:11 PM
yeh, u may or maynot need alignment if it was just a up and down motion then it should be ok.
i hit the side of my car pretty hard so alignment was definitely the go for me.