PDA

View Full Version : darkness and worn-ness

Simson
16-10-2006, 02:57 PM
hey guys,

just been playin with my Del Sol over the weekend, and i got a couple questions.

the first is about the lights behind my fan control and stuff. the other night, they just stopped working so i'm guessing its a globe behind there... but trying to get the face off was too much of a mission and we were too scared we'd snap it so we gave up. is there a special way to remove the face? or is it just a matter of prying it out? eeek

the second is regarding the rubber seal for the rear window. its worn and the black rubber coating is coming off. (looks nasty) how can i repair it? is there a coating i can put on it that thick enough to stop the flakes and make it look decent? the other option i thought of was to remove the black stuff over the chrome and just keep it chrome. but i'm worried it'll make the rubber on the edges more vulnerable. i would do it by flaking it to a straight line about 5mm from the egde of the chromey bit. (straight edge made by stanley knife) or i could just buy a new one all together??

anyone else got the same problems? i guess its an old car thing. what youz think?

p.s. tried a search for both and came up with variants
ta