PDA

View Full Version : Installing after market Steering Wheel

innozent
16-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I had just install my aftermarket steering wheel, and I discovered that the horn button is not working. I have no idea what is goin on. Is there anybody can help in Brisbane?

n/a
16-10-2006, 03:40 PM
do you still have the airbag in your GLI?

if you do it's really hetic..

notorious_ahmie
16-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I had just install my aftermarket steering wheel, and I discovered that the horn button is not working. I have no idea what is goin on. Is there anybody can help in Brisbane?

did u hook up the wires for the horn?

EG5[KRT]
16-10-2006, 04:29 PM
wat did u do mate ?

wat kind of boss kit do u have ?

wat kind of steering wheel ?

bungsai
16-10-2006, 06:38 PM
what car do you have??

innozent
16-10-2006, 09:18 PM
EK1 Civic hatch , HKB boss kit .
Finally done , need some steering wheel alignment.
The horn is FXXking hard to connect

m3ntAL_l2
16-10-2006, 10:11 PM
^^^^^ lol just cos u hav big hands :p

Dray_Templar
17-10-2006, 12:39 PM
was thinkng about getting an aftermarket one for mine, but it's got airbag, and figured that would be major headache. is it a big hassle to do?

krogoth
17-10-2006, 01:08 PM
for a start...im pretty sure its illegal to replace a stock steering wheel in a car that comes with airbags.......

as the aftermarket steering wheel will not allow the airbag to function..and this compromises the safety of the driver

regardless..ppl have done it b4...but i dont think its a good idea IMO...for one reason its one less piece of protection that could save ur life in an accident

and cops would probably defect you without a second thought especially in a luxury car like an accord which is sure to come with steering wheel airbags...

im guessing that to put in an aftermarket steering wheel on a car that comes with airbags..youl prob need to rip out the whole airbag setup, and ull need to play with the fusebox to disengage the airbag mechanism

and youl need to find how to pull out the annoying light in ur display that will be constantly complaining to u that something is rong with the airbag...lol

but ask others on here and look for more info....ECU MAN will prop have a thing or two to say

roar
18-10-2006, 02:10 AM
removing the airbag module itself is a synch... i mean its just a couple of bolts/screws if i can remember correctly

if you do want to do it yourself, be very very careful and always point the exploding face away from you...

a module exploding in your face will seriously mess you up, if not kill you

jon133
24-08-2007, 06:42 PM
ohh this is interesting, i got a 97 coupe with air bags, just wondering how to to disengage the air bag mechanism?

will boss kit model 2907 for civic 97' fit even though its a civic with air bag system? (P.S autobarn sold me a boss kit even though i mentioned its got air bags)

krogoth
25-08-2007, 12:56 AM
lol man

dead thread

Takenit2easy
27-08-2007, 11:29 AM
removing the airbag module itself is a synch... i mean its just a couple of bolts/screws if i can remember correctly

if you do want to do it yourself, be very very careful and always point the exploding face away from you...

a module exploding in your face will seriously mess you up, if not kill you

If you disconnect the battery will it still function/explode...? i heard somewhere about this to do with Holdens..! is it true.. i guess it needs a power supply doesn't it...?