PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Conversion on civic 92 hatch

FastFwd
16-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey,

i tried searching up and down for any threads on Sunroof conversions for my civic but i couldnt find any.

Is it possible to just get a replacement roof with a sunroof in it and replace it with mine and hook up all the running gear, electrics to make it work.

my model comes with all the wires and selections for Sunroof in the fuse box but just doesnt have a sunroof

TYPE-ONE
16-10-2006, 07:47 PM
i think the spoiler shop will do it for you about 1k installed

FastFwd
16-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Really?

Grant i think his name is there....hes done a bit of work for me, he did some nice work also. 1k thats decent.

thanks dude

obsessionz
16-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Give a few wreckers a call they should have the roof cuts if ur lucky u can find one with a whole sunroof in it .. u can either take sunroof out ... of that ... which would be cheaper then buyin one new ... or get a whole roof with sunroof fitted .. it can be done ...

honda_b_blastn
16-10-2006, 09:17 PM
FastFwd-

You are best off getting a complete roof of a vti hatch.I removed both my roof's off my EG's and swapped them over,its fairly simple..remove front glass,roofgutters ect,drill out spot welds and chisel tight spots..:) took about 2 hours to remove both roofs.
Reason why to get complete roof> when you get a aftermarket sunroof install its fairly common to get a warp in the roof when cutting,my panel beater (DR KUSTOMS) strongly advise that we do this instead of installing a sunroof into the Breeze,this way it will look factory,plus i had alot of body mods,full respray so its easy to work with a straight roof..;)

If you have all the wiring as you say(under roof lining) all you will need is the sunroof gutter drain offs(4 of these they run down your A pillars 2 go forward 2 go rear)

civic_mods
16-10-2006, 09:21 PM
is this in the wrong section........?

DreadAngel
17-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Nope, as its for Civics ^_^

FastFwd
17-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks Heeps guys....yeh i wanted to do a complete swap, i heard some bad things about getting new ones cut into the original roof so i wanted to see if a swap was possible.