PDA

View Full Version : EG Angel Eye Headlights

Jurcic
16-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey all, this is a 2 part post.

1: I was planning to buy angel eye headlights for my 95 Civic sedan except have been reading up on this forum in bits and pieces that there may be problems, bulbs blowing, etc. Others say they've had no problems. Can anyone shed some light on this and help me out?

and 2: The angle eyes im looking at have 2 sets of wires, one set with a plug behind one side, and behind the other loose black and red wires. What do I do and how would I install the lights?

Sorry for being a ballbreaker, really greatly appreciate your help!

Cheers

marte
17-10-2006, 02:23 AM
i think they blow because they dont get wired properly. something about the positive wire or something. cant remember off the top of my head.

saxman
17-10-2006, 03:53 AM
they blow because they use incredibly low quality led's for the angel eyes.

the red and black wires are the power wires for the led's... most people wiring them up to the parking lights

RMN15N
17-10-2006, 09:43 AM
hey man.. first off i dont rekn they'll blow easy.. if u hook them up properly..
when i first had mine i thought the rings were screwd but turns out my "sticky tape" came lose because of water and resudue

well this is how u install it

put in the headlights first off
open the back of the angel eye covers to connect the main power supply
then for the LED's to work you can cut around the parker lights make sure you DONT cut it off for future use,
test it for +/- see if it lights up and thats pretty much it
i recommend you solder the wires in so it doesnt short circuit it etc
i still havent soldered mine yet as to im a lazy bum
lol

good luck mate hope it helps
if you need help with the wiring harness ill be glad to help you, it makes it so you can turn high beam and low beam on at the same time.

destrukshn
17-10-2006, 09:46 AM
hey man.. first off i dont rekn they'll blow easy.. if u hook them up properly..
when i first had mine i thought the rings were screwd but turns out my "sticky tape" came lose because of water and resudue

well this is how u install it

put in the headlights first off
open the back of the angel eye covers to connect the main power supply
then for the LED's to work you can cut around the parker lights make sure you DONT cut it off for future use,
test it for +/- see if it lights up and thats pretty much it
i recommend you solder the wires in so it doesnt short circuit it etc
i still havent soldered mine yet as to im a lazy bum
lol

good luck mate hope it helps
if you need help with the wiring harness ill be glad to help you, it makes it so you can turn high beam and low beam on at the same time.
*ahem*
lol.

RMN15N
17-10-2006, 11:58 AM
LOL... well credits go t jt for helping me from the start..

oi jt ur knowledge is getting passed on yO

legacy of jt!

destrukshn
17-10-2006, 11:59 AM
har har har.

btw, not all of them have come with that harness, sometimes it's just plug and play.

Jurcic
17-10-2006, 01:21 PM
What's the wiring harness? the lights im looking at have a plug and wires. has anyone got pics of what the red and black wires look like connected, where they should be connected, etc?? Thanks.

saxman
17-10-2006, 01:26 PM
the parts they use for the leds are VERY low quality... and while they don't always have issues, it's VERY VERY VERY common for them to not last very long.

destrukshn
17-10-2006, 01:27 PM
What's the wiring harness? the lights im looking at have a plug and wires. has anyone got pics of what the red and black wires look like connected, where they should be connected, etc?? Thanks.
they go to the parker lights.

yes they are low quality, some people have some issuses, some poeple don't.

Boban
17-10-2006, 07:20 PM
My friend didn't have any problems with his rings on his corolla, he got his from Pakistan (maybe better than eBay????), same time i got my headlights. Same sort of wiring deal, one plug for the beams and 2 wires (red & black) for the rings, just connect them to the parkers as everyone said and you're set.

Jurcic
17-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Out of curiosity Boban... - Croatian?

Boban
17-10-2006, 07:30 PM
hahahaha, Serb, you

Jurcic
17-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Ouch! Hrvat....

What reference is Boban in Serb folklore? He was a Croatian General and Zavonimir Boban was captain of the Croatian soccer team in the 90s.

Boban
17-10-2006, 07:37 PM
pfft beats me mate, it's a nickname after Zvonimir Boban the soccer player. Name's Slobodan, lot's of references there :p, and i'm not into the whole serbs vs croats thing

Jurcic
17-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Haha. Wasn't planning to go there. Just curious, because the name has alot of Croatian stigma. You're probably one of the only Serbs known as Boban. Anyway, thanks for helping my post! Serb, Jew, African or North West Papuan.

Boban
17-10-2006, 07:42 PM
I know of only 3 Bobans in the whole country, and as far as i know only me and 1 more are serb. If you need any more help with wiring it up let me know.

PS check your bodykit thread, i found the kit but from the states