PDA

View Full Version : wiring wipers to a switch

michael_antoi
17-10-2006, 12:16 AM
is it possible to wire it to a switch with a 20A fuse in between?

I cant figure out why my wipers aren't working (fuse keeps blowing for some reason) and I dont have the time to figure it out. If it rains i cant drive and I need my car, is there any temporary fix for this at all?

Thanks for the help.

Boban
17-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Is the fuse there for anything else appart from the wipers. My needels on the cluster were dead one morning and i couldn't figure out why the fuse was blowing. The fuse also controled my indicators (as it turned out) and every time i indicared left it blew, turned out i had a 2 wires touching and it kept blowing because of it. Maybe you have something there that's not related to the wipers but blows that fuse., sorry wouldn't know anything about putting a switch in there, unless you put a wire where the fuse is so there is a constant complete circuit (ie it can't blow the wire like it does the fuse) but I WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT, you may cause more damage, good luck with it mate

CRXer
18-10-2006, 12:48 AM
the prob could be the motor is overloading & a switch is just gonna blow the other fuse u put in.

if its not,u can locate the 3 wires that are common to the motor & the combination switch,

1 will be 12V,mines green/black yours prob as well,

1 will be high speed & the other low speed.

U need to put either(or both onto 2 seperate switches) the low or high speed wire onto one pole of the switch & ground the other pole of the switch.

michael_antoi
18-10-2006, 12:52 AM
thanks for the help mate

" ok well one reason may have been that a bolt was stuck where the wipers are and blocking one of the wipers from moving...jamming the motor and thats why i kept blowing the fuse.
but then after noticing the bolt was wedged in there, i removed it, however the fuse still continues to blow.
I checked each of the individual wires (in the engine (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1782875#) bay) for the wiper motor to see if they are touching and I also cut the black wire and grounded it directly just to be sure, but that never fixed the problem"

was my reply to the thread at honda-tech

CRXer
18-10-2006, 01:06 AM
I'd say more than likely the motors gone or could of possibly welded the contacts in the switch when the jam happened & its tryin to activate high & low speed at the same time.
Also could of fried something in the integrated control unit,does it blow on any particular switch position or as soon as u try to switch it on to anything?

i got a dc2 combi switch & wiper motor in sydney dont know whether they are the same for your car if u want to try it out,could send some pics so u could compare.

michael_antoi
18-10-2006, 09:14 AM
i'm pretty sure it blows on any setting, but i'll check that.

thanks for the offer, i'll go over everything before i hit u up about that motor.

thanks again

:)