PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing intersate. Vehicle transfer fee?

EK4R
17-10-2006, 04:42 AM
hey guys as you know i brought a car from perth few months back.
neways i had it regoed in VIC and had to pay rego, stamp duty, plate fee , and TAC premium.

and just recently i received another from WA stating i have to pay another transfer fee???

is this how it works or anyone know? whats TAC premium that i paid? i thought that was tranfer fee. :confused:

please help me out
cheers

AsH_
17-10-2006, 11:41 AM
that sounds weird...

i know nothing about that...

i am transferring the car i have into my name... i hope that doesnt happen 2 me...

JasonGilholme
17-10-2006, 11:48 AM
I bought my car in canberra and got it transfered up to QLD and all i had to pay was my regular rego, new rego application and stamp duty.

They might be after the original WA plates still??

best off ringin them up and askin them man :thumbsup:

mrwillz
17-10-2006, 11:49 AM
bummer george
ur stil paying it off

bungsai
17-10-2006, 12:12 PM
not sure about the wa fee, site seems to be down

www.transport.wa.gov.au

the TAC premium is the bulk of your registration. Rego itsself for me is like $200 or so, and the TAC premium which is our compulsory third party (CTP) insurance is about $300. It is so that if we injure people, or crown property etc TAC can afford to pay. It is compulsory for all registered vehicles.

EK4R
17-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I bought my car in canberra and got it transfered up to QLD and all i had to pay was my regular rego, new rego application and stamp duty.

They might be after the original WA plates still??

best off ringin them up and askin them man :thumbsup:

umm no i returned the plates. vicroad took it when i got my vic plates. and i believe the old owner took it back with him. duno why im paying another transfering fee. i thought i would pay transfer fee to the state which i bring the car into not out of?

JasonGilholme
17-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Are you sure they received the plates?? If they haven't received the plates or if they (or the previous owner) don't believe that you've re-registered the car in your name then they can come after ya.

Chances are ya paperwork/plates haven't gone through to WA.

EK4R
17-10-2006, 02:26 PM
well they must of received some kind of paperwork cos on the invoice its got all my Civic details as well as market value and purchased date. However it has got the old Civic WA number plate.

it says "our record indicate that you have acquired a vehicle. in accordance with section 24....."

they charging me 8.50 for the transfer fee but another few hundred for stamp duty?!

ALSO wats funny is that the address is to my GF (who was purchasing the car, whom i told the seller will be rego'ing the car) however i regoed the car under my name in VIC.

JasonGilholme
17-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Ring them up mate.