PDA

View Full Version : First time Honda owner

ROBERT
17-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I am a recently retired mechanical engineer and my cars for the past 30 years have been company cars, Commodors, Falcons etc. So now I have had to purchase a car with my own money I looked very carefully at all the options and the Euro came out on top. I bought the standard model with auto transmission. It is a 2005 model but purchased this year (I got a very good discount and trade in on my old company car, which I had purchased from my old employer), it is white with the light bone trim. I am very happy with the car and it drives lovely. My only criticism is the poor leg room in the rear with the drivers seat fully back ( I am 6' 3") but then I don't have to sit in the back and the occasions that we have rear passengers I just move it forward, usually just short trips anyway.
I do have another car in my garage, a replica Shelby Cobra that I built 8 years ago, it has a Windsor 302 with EFI, 5 speed Borg Warner gearbox, full Jaguar suspension. The Honda is not quite as quick as the Cobra, but I love driving both cars.
I also enjoy building model steam engines and things of that sort. I live close to Forster in the Mid North Coast.

blk_shadow
17-10-2006, 01:44 PM
welcome to ozhonda robert! :wave:

If you compare with cobra, it has a totally different engine and build purpose. and clearly they run differently.

but the joy of owning a honda is the screamer part and VTEC YO!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
17-10-2006, 02:02 PM
PICS OR BAN!!! :D :D

Welcome...

If you have an Euro related questions, the CL9 section is for you :D!!!!

Dray_Templar
17-10-2006, 02:02 PM
welcome mate. hope you enjoy your time here.
a few pics of your cars would be great sometime mate. would love to see the replica Shelby Cobra as well.

anyways catch later mate.

P.S can't go wrong with the Euro seem to be one of the best if not the best value for money car around atm.

and as mentioned above this is the place for your Accord Euro, Q's and help
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Speeder
17-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome!
Nice choice in cars!
I have visited Forster couple of times in the past, a beautiful place.

ROBERT
18-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the replies, I would add some photos of both cars but as I am a bit computer illiterate I don't know how to make the files smaller. At the moment they are generally about 1kB and they have to be only 500mB to add in the forum. Does anyone know how to reduce the size?

blk_shadow
19-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the replies, I would add some photos of both cars but as I am a bit computer illiterate I don't know how to make the files smaller. At the moment they are generally about 1kB and they have to be only 500mB to add in the forum. Does anyone know how to reduce the size?

easy,
just open it up in photoshop, go to image size and change the pixel/inch size.:thumbsup:

ROBERT
19-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info, I don't have photoshop but will try in Adobe, ok I tried that with no luck.

blk_shadow
19-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the info, I don't have photoshop but will try in Adobe, ok I tried that with no luck.

do you have illustrator? or what adobe prog. do you have?

dc2dc2dc2
19-10-2006, 04:12 PM
welcome robert !

ROBERT
19-10-2006, 04:30 PM
I have Adobe photo delux, but I can't see anywhere to change the resolution, I croped the photos to bring the size down to below 500 KB but they syill will not attatch.

blk_shadow
19-10-2006, 04:47 PM
have you tried using www.photobucket.com? and attach it there?

yourfather
19-10-2006, 05:10 PM
upload them at www.imageshack.us and then copy the Forum Line #1 and post straight into this box.

ROBERT
19-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I have registered on Photobucket and uploaded 4 photos and made the into thumbnail type pictures, now what?

blk_shadow
19-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I have registered on Photobucket and uploaded 4 photos and made the into thumbnail type pictures, now what?

copy the link on the 'IMG', and paste it here on ozhonda to upload the photo here

honda_chick
20-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Do it an easy way :) Right click on the pic, go "EDIT", comes up in paint... File Menu go "IMAGE", select "stretch/skew", change the 100% to 30% on both horizontal and vertical, then save :)

ROBERT
20-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Finally it looks like I have lift off with the photos. Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

Dray_Templar
20-10-2006, 01:12 PM
OMFG, that is so damn nice i want on.

Thanks for putting those up Robert.

krogoth
20-10-2006, 02:30 PM
OMFG indeed

ROBERT I LOVE THE COBRA

screw the euro, lol, more pics of the COBRA FTW

very very nice car, u cant even tell its a replica

u have no idea how jealous i am, lol

although i prefer color to be black with white stripes, but red roks as well

welcome to ozhonda mate

Joeyboy
20-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi ROBERT. nice cobra you got there. welcome to OzHOnda. hope you'll find this site useful

blk_shadow
20-10-2006, 04:52 PM
way to go Robert!
Finally you got the photo there..:D

nice and well maintained cobra. not alot of there around in melbourne I guess.

yourfather
21-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Finally it looks like I have lift off with the photos. Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

awesome mate!!!

hope to see you on here a lot more :))

europro
22-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Fantastic Robert, been one of my dream cars since my teens.

Kandy
22-10-2006, 07:40 PM
wow thats sexy!
welcome to ozhonda!!