PDA

View Full Version : Auto Launch

kam
17-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Ive never really auto launched the Euro before, i have in RWD, but not FWD

How does this sound?

1. VSA off
2. left foot hard on brake
3. right foot > accelerator > rev to about... 2000 rpm ?
4. let go of break

ive launched normally, just slam the accelerator, but this seems a bit laggy, so i thought some break-torque might help.

im just worried how a FWD car would handle this, thus why i havent tried yet. dont really want to stuff something up

all on the track of course :)

and 98 octane BP ;)

EuroAccord13
18-10-2006, 12:09 AM
For 1/4 mile time, normally I'd just launch and go with an auto because I hate to stall up the revs as often as it stuffs up the Torque Converter...

If you are talking about getting good track times, I won't be concerned as the first lap on launch won't be the best times you'll get, it's normally subsequent laps that you get your better times..

BiLL|z0r
18-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Just have very good tyres. From a standing start, VSA ON and just stamping on the gas I wheel spin quite a lot, so with more revs and VSA off you'd lay quite a bit of rubber. Mine is auto as well.

SecaBoy
18-10-2006, 12:28 PM
how the hell do you wheel spin in an auto euro!? :huh:

even if i want to, i cant even get a chip when i accelerate in a straight line... :lol:

aaronng
18-10-2006, 12:33 PM
VSA off first. If it doesn't help, then you can do your method that you are describing. Be warned though that it wears out your gearbox pretty quick.

BiLL|z0r
18-10-2006, 12:33 PM
It's easy. Granted the tyres I have on now aren't the best for grip but even when it was new I could. If I turn VSA off, WOW burn out time :)
Maybe my car got the jap 147kw tune by mistake in the factory, lmao

SecaBoy
18-10-2006, 01:18 PM
are you sure the road was dry? :lol:

VSA off, and just stomp on the gas and i take off quickly without a single chirp... around corners, yes, i can get the wheels spinning, but not in a straight line... :S

m3ntAL_l2
18-10-2006, 01:31 PM
:S wheel spin?!?!?!?
u cant stomp on gas in a auto, whell not in my anyways, if i stomed on my gas it will just lag the car n takes a while to pick up speed

SecaBoy
18-10-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah, hence my confusion over how they are spinning the wheels... mine just lags for a while and then picks up speed...
feels like im back in my rex when i'd take off normally and then wait for the boost to build and then "WEEEEEE"... hahahaha

okay, i'll go sit back in my corner now... hahaha

Zilli
18-10-2006, 01:57 PM
thats what the torque converter job is, to make the transition from standstill to movement smooth.

dunno about quite a lot of wheelspin, maybe a chirrp in certain conditions ie uphil... who knows though

kam
18-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Just have very good tyres. From a standing start, VSA ON and just stamping on the gas I wheel spin quite a lot, so with more revs and VSA off you'd lay quite a bit of rubber. Mine is auto as well.

is your car automatic?

i seriously dont know how your getting wheel spin, unless its slightly wet road your on

in a normal dry road, i never get wheel spin, or even a chirp

clowdz
18-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Foot on brake (full) > Step Accel until 1500~2000RPM. Let Go Of Brake and Full Accell and you will wheel spin on just about any Auto Car. Not good for your Torque Converter / Gearbox though... *edit Assuming no Traction Control :)

kam
18-10-2006, 06:46 PM
yeh, thats my main concern here, how the Euro's gearbox can handle it, i dont know much about it, so im assuming its relativly weak.

has anyone timed their 0-100 ? im guessing mine would be around 9seconds - thats the factory quote anyway...

BiLL|z0r
18-10-2006, 07:45 PM
is your car automatic?

i seriously dont know how your getting wheel spin, unless its slightly wet road your on

in a normal dry road, i never get wheel spin, or even a chirp

Yes it's an auto. As I said, my tyres aren't the best qualilty (Fulda's) as it wasn't as easy with the OEM dunlops (and they aren't great quality either). If any1 lives on the Gold Coast I'll show ya if ya like. You can feel the VSA kicking in to try and control it but it's definately sqealing like teenage girl.
I have always driven auto's so maybe I've got the knack to extract the most power :)

kam
18-10-2006, 08:24 PM
yeh i think ive tuned my ecu too much to drive like a grandma economy fuel saver, rather than a VTEC Y0 ecu like yours :p

BiLL|z0r
19-10-2006, 07:15 AM
That's my theory as well. That reminds me, gotta start driving like a granny again, fuel economy is up the shitter atm. (prolly too much wheel spin, lol)