PDA

View Full Version : Wadda hell were those?

**Ghost**
27-05-2004, 12:25 AM
There was a guy parked at maccas today with his hood open to show off his civic engine...ahd the works done to it, all chromed and shit...

Then i saw something... (which i've seen many time now that i think of it) its these "wires" or cables running from the top of the cylinder head/gasket thingie to somewhere else... i thikn they're called ignition leads or something

wtf do they do or is it just bling bling?

bennjamin
27-05-2004, 12:38 AM
They are Spark leads. "Lead" from the distributor , to each individual Sparkplug - providing spark to ur engine ofcourse :)

If , there was MORE leads hanging off these leads...they would of been earthing wires for the spark leads - a hardcore mod to ground properly another electrical item in ur Car.

**Ghost**
27-05-2004, 01:35 AM
does it actually improve? does it actually provide a fatter spark or nething? i wanna do it cos it looks cool, but is it worth it?

EKIV
27-05-2004, 02:06 AM
In my opinion ,
I think a good spark plug can do the jobs more than the cable in terms of performance.
really not sure abt that.

CTR Coupe
27-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5106&highlight=diy

And if you’re thinking of getting aftermarket sparkplug leads

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6350&postdays=0&postorder=asc&high light=spark+plug+leads&start=0

Beware with some "performance" sparkplug leads you will actually lose power.

vti-2
27-05-2004, 10:28 AM
In my opinion ,
I think a good spark plug can do the jobs more than the cable in terms of performance.
really not sure abt that.

Leads are just as important as the spark plugs. ;)

sesshoumaru
27-05-2004, 03:15 PM
everynow and then you should change your leads... and during every service (or ever other, watever u want) your plugs...

are u sure you're talking about ignition leads tho??

coz for some reason i think you're thinking about a earth grounding kit.

SPEEDCORE
27-05-2004, 04:20 PM
does it actually improve? does it actually provide a fatter spark or nething? i wanna do it cos it looks cool,

:thumbsdown:

**Ghost**
27-05-2004, 06:51 PM
hahahahaha... what? i wanna do it IF it does something and IF it looks cool... i dont get rice mods that dont do nething lemme clarify that

SPEEDCORE
30-05-2004, 10:25 AM
What do you mean??
Some people just don't have a clue... of course riceories do actually do something man.

The ability for others to laugh at your car. j/k :P

To be frankly honest man...... I wouldn't bother with new leads ATM,

You haven't done the intake and exhaust yet yer? Do these first man.......... and stop fooling yourself that you want a stock car. ;)

**Ghost**
30-05-2004, 11:03 AM
hehehehhe.... well at the least i want the exterior of the car to be stockish.... no matter wot i do inside :D