PDA

View Full Version : LSD's for a CRX

intacivic16v
19-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Guys i own a 1988 CRX, the old engine (which i have just taken out) was a imported ZC with a Cusco 1.5 way clutch type LSD. I have just put a B16A out of a 1990 LS intagra (cable clutch gear box) in it. The extra power is unreal but i am really missing the LSD. I really want to get a LSD for the new engine and i am wondering which is the best way to go.

* Firstly would the LSD from the ZC gear box transfer over to the V-tec Box?
* would a type R LSD fit into a cable clutch b16a gear box?
* what other options are out there for new or used LSD's, do any of you guy recomend certain brands?
* Has any one tried or heard about the plastic inserts that can be put in a diff.

qstoria
19-10-2006, 03:05 PM
try GPC in Yenorra sydney. they might be able to help u out with something.

i dont think the D series (ZC) lsd will fit in the b-series box. i dont know if the ITR b18c lsd will fit so cant say.

the lsd from a first gen obdo b16a box is what ur after i think. one from a da9 or ef8/9.

SINISTR
19-10-2006, 03:21 PM
* Firstly would the LSD from the ZC gear box transfer over to the V-tec Box?
* would a type R LSD fit into a cable clutch b16a gear box?
* what other options are out there for new or used LSD's, do any of you guy recomend certain brands?
* Has any one tried or heard about the plastic inserts that can be put in a diff.

1: Nope - ZC and B series Gboxes are different
2: technically speaking all B-series Gboxes are compatible with eachother
3: Kaaz, Cusco, Quaife each one supplies LSDs - each has good and bad points vs price
4: mmm.. yes heard about them and they are good for a short time.

[[d a n n y]]
20-10-2006, 10:17 AM
5. it's VTEC not V-TEC

Chi
20-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure type R V-TECH LSD will not fit the b16a cable tranny directly

Need to get aftermarket or old skool b16a one which came with it optionally

intacivic16v
22-10-2006, 12:37 PM
try GPC in Yenorra sydney. they might be able to help u out with something.

i dont think the D series (ZC) lsd will fit in the b-series box. i dont know if the ITR b18c lsd will fit so cant say.

the lsd from a first gen obdo b16a box is what ur after i think. one from a da9 or ef8/9.

yeah i thought they might have brought something out standard with the vtec sir's. are they hard to find??

qstoria
22-10-2006, 02:09 PM
yeah i thought they might have brought something out standard with the vtec sir's. are they hard to find??

id say it will be hard to find an oem honda lsd as the only aus car that has a b-series lsd is a dc2r. the ef8/9 crx and civics and da9 integras are all jdm cars and are therfore imports so u would most likely need to but the whole gear box or find one that is broken but the lsd is still in tact.. chances of that would be slim id say. try researching into an aftermarket lsd like quaife. u may have to get it from the USA though. from memory the k series quiafe lsd go for about 900US$ b-series be less than that but by how much im not sure.

try for a y1 lsd. oem honda part. probably will be the cheapest and easiest part to fit :thumbsup:

iamhappy46
22-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I know a guy who has a few various brand new Cusco LSD's for the B series boxes for sale. PM me if you want details :)