PDA

View Full Version : need help with my civic exhaust

shaun1982
19-10-2006, 06:30 PM
i have a 94 civic vti sohc sedan

the car came with a 2.5 " pipe.. and ive changed the muffler how many times.. trying different ones to quieten the exhaust back to stock..

baffled mufflers.. its quietens it a tiny but. but then after a few months. you start to hear a blowing sound in the exhaust. the sound is like, puffy, cheap tiny noise every time you press the throttle..

can i ask. what is the original size of a 94 civic VTi sohc. D16 vtec engine automatic.

is it cheaper to just get a used full exhaust.. from the muffler to the cat..
or is it better to go to a exhaust place and buy a new one..

can i ask.. what are the advantages of the original size exhaust.
will i get better fuel economy.. cause what i want is better fuel economy and stock exhaust sound. i dont want any fancy exhuast notes.. just stock..

so if i go to a exhaust shop. what do i tell them.. that i want a what?

what size, what type of muffler.. personally i think my muffler is still ok. i just think the pipe is too big..

any sugesstions. what size should i opt for..
remember i want better fuel economy and original exhaust note..

thanks

kyle
19-10-2006, 08:09 PM
mate just find a person with EG sedan who wants an exhaust, and offer a trade for there stock one. might even make a buck or two out of it.

innozent
19-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Firstly, I think the oem size would be 2'
someone please correct me,
the second the is if u have a pod intake it makes it more noisy,
and i think u have crack on the exhaust, check it from the headers til the end

shaun1982
19-10-2006, 09:58 PM
thanks guys but the prob is.. i dont have any friends with a civic sedan who need a modified exhaust. some already have.. some dont want. hehe

i have a od filter. but thats ok. the sound is ok.. i just want to have the same exhuast note as the stock exhaust

the sound of the exhaust doesnt sound like theres a hole.. more like a car with a ricy exhaust..

i just grew out of those performance mods or noises.. but the pod filter is ok. thats the only thing i will keep

So. 2" how close will that be to the stock exhaust. cause isnt the stock zise 1'8"

so does any one have an idea how much for example if i get a 2" pipe from a shop. how much the pipe and how much you think to install it.

from the cat to the muffler. maybe my muffler is still ok.. also what do i ask. is there any certain types of pipes.. i want one that will last at least 2 year. a pipe that wont make any holes any time soon.. cause i dont want any more problems with my exhaust. i already spent soo much money.

shaun1982
19-10-2006, 10:00 PM
so innozent. with the pod filter. what you mean it wil make ti more noisy. does the pod influence the exhaust to become more noisy. is that what you mean. or do you mean the sound from a Pod filter.

cause the pod doesnt worry me..

innozent
19-10-2006, 10:25 PM
sorry , I mean the sound from the pod and a panel filter will be more quite.

Boban
19-10-2006, 10:40 PM
I've got a 2" piping in my exaust, cat back.
I paid 160 for the piping and the resonator (aka hot dog) and labour. I supplied my own muffler. Sounds pretty good, no rust or holes or anything, (had it for about 2.5yrs), a few scrapes due to the ride height and speed bumps being in a disagreement, but i'm very happy with it

shaun1982
20-10-2006, 06:37 AM
so if i change my pipe size.. my pod filter will become quiet. thats ok

so boban.. hows the sound level.. is it close to stock.
cause i dont want any sport noise at alll.. if i can really make it very very close to stock sounds. im more happy..

so you think it will cost around that price including labour... what kind of piping did you get. cause i heard theres different type???

the the most important is. i want to eliminate the exhuast sound as much as possible...

thanks

AsH_
21-10-2006, 12:34 PM
BuddyClub !!!

muhhan
21-10-2006, 12:43 PM
You could try a wrecker. If you really want it to sound like stock then perhaps getting a stock exhaust system from a wrecker will do the trick. You may be able to trade your current exhaust system with them. Cars often run with their stock exhaust systems for many, many years without problems (ie. holes). Make sure you closely inspect any second hand system before you hand over any coin.

destrukshn
21-10-2006, 12:53 PM
find yourself a dc2r catback.
has flow, and is quiet like stock.

[[d a n n y]]
21-10-2006, 02:06 PM
im with destrukshn on that 1 DC2R set up would be the way to go

shaun1982
22-10-2006, 02:25 PM
hey guys. i have some progress

i changed myexhaust system

the shop changed my 2.5" to a 2" pipe.
they also changed my hotdog to a longer one..
they also changed my muffler and to be honest it is quieter

the only time its loud is at low revs.
im still not happy..

so now that i changed to a 2" pipe..
can i ask.. the muffler i have now which is a baffled muffler

how much difference will the sound be if i try and find a stock muffler from a wrecker..

will the original muffler from honda really lower the sound.. can any one be sure about it.. cause if not, i dont want to spend any more money on it.

also if i get a used honda civic muffler.. does it have to be for my exaxt car. for a 94 civic sedan vti sohc????

or can i just get a muffler which came from a gli..
any thoughts.. thanks