PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Type S or 07 Civic?

vupham
20-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi guys, im having a trouble making up my mind atm, well i own a 05 integra type s, im starting to like the new civc or maybe im bored with the integra and wanting something new again. Anyways beside that, buying a civic will properly save me $10k and having something sonsidering new, nice, 4 dours and decent to drive. Integra is fun to drive, looks good, expensive to keep and bigger debt. Im just abit paranoid i might be regreting to downgrade from the integra to the civic, has anyone here had an integra or other sports car and downgrade to the civic know how it feels. Need some opinions so it can help me making up my mind, i have alot of time to think cos i want a 07 civic so im not rushing at this stage.

Lex_EG93
20-10-2006, 02:48 PM
of course theres going to be a power differece. the question is are you in it for the power, or the luxury? thats your decision. . .

aaronng
20-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Luxury-wise, they are similar. Keep the Type S. Going to the Civic is like going from VTiR to GLi.

m3ntAL_l2
20-10-2006, 03:02 PM
type S ftw, shoudl make a poll with this thred

rhk
20-10-2006, 03:23 PM
if you lived in perth i was oing to trade you my vic for your type s for a week to see what you thought :D

TypeG
20-10-2006, 03:39 PM
get the new civic
the latest integra is the worst integra (the pre-facelift look good tho)

JaCe
20-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I'd keep the Type S... Civic isn't really luxurious at all- even the Sport model isn't that great. But it all comes down to what you really want... go for a test drive and see if you can live with either the 1.8L or 2L. Unless you're "settling down", I think you'll probably find both of these leave you rather unsatisfied!

Aco3n
20-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I'll keep the type-S, civic is a good car.. for it's price.. but.. "not really that good".... if you get what I mean...
But financialy.. civic will save you heaps.. most importantly.. insurance cost

EK4R
20-10-2006, 04:07 PM
wait for the civic type R to arrive.....IF it arrives, and while you wait, you can have some extra time to think. if it doesnt come, i would stay with the S.

maracer
20-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Keep the type S.
We also have Mazda 6 in the house, it's shit when comparing the two.
Sometimes you just forget how good of a car the type S is when you change from car to car.
That's just my opinion.:)

chylld
21-10-2006, 08:09 AM
I'd keep the Type S... Civic isn't really luxurious at all- even the Sport model isn't that great. But it all comes down to what you really want... go for a test drive and see if you can live with either the 1.8L or 2L. Unless you're "settling down", I think you'll probably find both of these leave you rather unsatisfied!

I'd also recommend you keep the type s. quality control with the new civic is a bit intermittent, with some cars being perfect while others (e.g. mine) displaying over a dozen distinct faults within the first few months. even without the problems, i think you'll find little things like the flimsiness and scratchability of the interior panels quite a step down from the type s.

that said it depends what you need from a car, for a 4 door sedan it isn't too bad. in about an hour from now i'll be driving 4 passengers around sydney and if this seems likely for you then a bigger car is the only way to go :)

Bob san
23-10-2006, 05:52 PM
i'd say go the 07 civic. much more practicle car with heaps of space compared to a Type S. also u'll probably have some money to play around with it a little :) (or make it faster then a stock type S if u had 10k anyway).

MKI4EVA
01-11-2006, 09:33 AM
if you already have an S you will hate the civic. One is a performance car the other is not. Power difference is huge I can assure you. The driving position is totally different as well.

If you were going from S to civic-R 4door then it would be interesting.

Just go and test drive a civic sport and you'll snap out of it.

dyljoy
01-11-2006, 09:37 AM
agree, no point back civic if u got S already, in my case, if someone want to swap with my new civic by S, i will say yes,hoho, but i still love my new ride, coz it just nice