Honda Civic Hybrid & Civic Sports

Date: 10/10/2006

Supplier Name: Honda Australia Pty Ltd

Product Make: Honda

Product Model: Civic Hybrid & Civic Sports

Target Number: 478

Model Years From: 2006

Campaign Number: TE094L06

VIN Range: Civic Hybrid from JHMFD36206S200005 to JHMFD36206S200766. Civic Sports from MRHFD26506P040001 to MRHFD26506P040455.

Defect Details: The Electronic Control Unit which controls the power steering operation of the vehicle, may receive unstable voltage output, from the motor angle detecting circuit within the ECU. If this situation occurs the fail safe function of the power steering system may not operate. As a result, the EPS warning lamp will illuminate, the power assist function of the vehicle will not operate and the steering system may require increased force for steering wheel operation.

Consumer action: Honda will contact owners of affected vehicles by mail.

Market Coverage: National

Recall Coverage: National

EG5[KRT]
21-10-2006, 08:22 AM
fark ey already ....

they must b running electric pumps...

damn these new multiplexed cars :(

destrukshn
21-10-2006, 08:26 AM
what do you mean by already?
everycar has thier defects. lol.

EG5[KRT]
21-10-2006, 08:47 AM
yeah i know but they normally dont find them till a bit lata..

oh well.. better sooner then lata neways lol

Alpine
21-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Impossible. Hondas never get defects! :P

yeehou
21-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Mine's inside the affected range. So what will they do about this? fix it? Dealer never contact me.

yourfather
21-10-2006, 11:46 AM
contact your dealer quoting the recall and its number and ask why they left you outta the loop.

jackosimm
21-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Ha!!!

panda[cRx]
21-10-2006, 11:51 AM
yeah call your dealer or even honda australia and give them your VIN and details and they can tell you.

it's honda australia, not the dealers that sends out the letters. the dealer would most likely have just done it at your next service as they do a 'hondanet check' before each service(check for recalls and such)
if you have been into your dealer recently they may very well have already completed the recall (or 'campaign' as honda likes to call it)
a quick way to check what 'campains' have been completed on your vehicle is to open your drivers door and look for any little white stickers near the door hinge, it will have something like '5DN or '5GK' or whatever code honda has given that particualr campaign

i wouldnt stress about it too much at all, i'm yet to see a honda recall that is realistically a safety issue to the aus market.

gimme more green squares bitches!

EuroBabee
21-10-2006, 01:12 PM
PHEW!!
i'm no 664... lucky.. i was prepared to get angry LOL

panda[cRx]
21-10-2006, 01:16 PM
angry for what? they fix it for free ya stooge

just be thankful you havent bought a ford or a holden or you'd be back and forth to the dealer fixing probems every 3 weeks

EuroBabee
21-10-2006, 09:55 PM
angry coz it would have been a hassle LOL i know its free

aniwho i'm not complaining i love my honda :D

JaCe
22-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeh even if it's fixed for free, and at least they acknowledge the problem- but ultimately, there shouldn't have been a problem in the first place and it's a bother to book a time slot which is mutually convenient with the service centre.

davecash
26-10-2006, 09:18 AM
its a bit of a worry that my dealer says that they are not aware of any recall going on with the 06 civic. spesh since mine is in the affected range. think i might print out a copy of that web page and take it there when i go in next week and point it out that there is a recall going on

chylld
26-10-2006, 09:24 AM
its a bit of a worry that my dealer says that they are not aware of any recall going on with the 06 civic. spesh since mine is in the affected range. think i might print out a copy of that web page and take it there when i go in next week and point it out that there is a recall going on

that's pretty lame of the dealer... definitely take a printout of the recall to the dealer and demand that they fix it. and let us know how it goes :)

davecash
26-10-2006, 09:32 AM
will do! i was a bit pissed that when i was trying to explain it to the guy, all he kept on saying was "no recall that im aware of" Not exactly the right way to go about it i think

chylld
26-10-2006, 09:40 AM
yeah i think i have a good idea of how you'd feel. my car is only a handful of sports outside the affected range, and if my dealer tried to deny existence/awareness of the problem then i'd just ask to speak to the head service manager and wave the campaign number around in their face.

what they're doing isn't the right way to go about things, but you can understand that they don't want lots of people coming in demanding the fix; rather they'd just do it silently as people come in for their regular servicing (if they have their service at honda, that is.) saves the service dept money and time :)

davecash
26-10-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm actually starting to wonder if thats why they want me to bring in my car as soon as possible. One of the door mouldings had a bit of a chip in it when i first recieved the car so they need to fix that up. They called me last week to make an appointment but ive been to busy with work to bring it in. They called me again this morning asking to bring it in and i said thats im still too busy with work. He was sayin that i need to bring it in so that it can be fixed "under warranty." Seems a bit weird that they're trying to hassle ME to bring in the car when its usually us hassling them to fix something lol. Maybe they do want to just fix it silently without anyone knowing

Edgeauto
26-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Honda Aus has just sent out the test equip this week and the dealer has to tell you about any campaigns done on your car.