PDA

View Full Version : Noob with 94 Accord VTEC

ArouzD
22-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

Doubt anyone will read this but forums told me to introduce here, so here I go..

My name is chris and I own a red 1994 Accord VTi 4 door, 5 speed, 2.2 etc etc..

Current modifications are a pioneer 8650 mp3 player head unit, ts-320r front splits, a magnaflow twin tip oval muffler, auto watch alarm system with remote window close, mugen steering wheel, chrome gear knob, k&n panel filter, 17" kpeed super GT wheels, and a nice pair of red throwovers for the front seats (ha ha).

Future modifications include a full set of extractors and catback exhaust sys, cold air/short ram intake, H&R coil overs, LSD, full respray in pearl white or some other dazzling colour and body tidy-up, new sport seats, short shift kit, some interior trimming and possibly aftermarket tint. Also have a 12" sub to go in the back and waiting on a mono for that as well as a 4-channel for the other speakers, along with a new set of 6x9s for the rear shelf.

The main problems I have is that the modification scene in W.A. is next to dead and it seems it is going to be hard to find real quality, experienced workshops and the fact that I am not really in touch with anyone who can help me out with finding the best parts and workshops for my car. Oh and of course the fact that Im not rich.

=)

europro
22-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I hate to put a dampener on your aspirations, but why bother ? We are talking here of 2.2 litres of unleashed fury. In my experienced opinion you are better off selling it and putting the modifiication money into a newer model or car that has those things already. We are not talking hundreds, we are talking thousands and i hate to say it but cars depreciate heavily enough as it is, dont through your money away.

ArouzD
22-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey dude, thanks for the well-meaning advice. I have taken it on board and I understand and agree with everything that you have said.

HOWEVER......

I have learnt one thing through reading lots of car mags and from what I have seen in the modifying world - dont join the pack simply because it is easier, cheaper, or is going to gain more recognition. My 1994 Accord is, I beleive, one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars ever made (in the realistic price range, obviously) and in my opinion the best looking car ever produced by honda except maybe for the nsx. In my definition, it is factory-beautiful and because of that, I am extremely loyal to my car and extremely passionate about making this car my ride for as far as I can see in to the future.

I know its not going to be a cheap or easy path. But I know that at the end of it people are going to look at my ride and go "well, kudos man. I never seen anyone do up one of these to this level before and good effort for doing something different". So for this reason I am willing to brave it and do what is necessary to get it to the level I want it to be at.

So for the record, I have loved my car before I bought it, ever since I did buy it, and will love it until it is time to start a new project. I love the power, the refinement, and the luxury and to date there has been very few qualms. I am probably only going to chase 40 kw or so extra so really it wont be too hard to achieve. Most of the parts I want to upgrade it with I have already researched as it is so I sort of have a mental plan of my modification path. Hopefully the pepole on this forum can help me achieve that quicker...

h22a accord
23-10-2006, 08:13 AM
another CD5 owner...good to see. welcome to the site chris, I too own a 94 vti and am into my 4th year of ownership. I too think like you regarding the design of this vehicle.

you are going to have a hard time extracting another 40kw out of the f22b sohc vtec motor that is in your car with simple bolt on modifications. its almost not worth spending a cent on that motor unless you turbocharge it as it will respond very well to boost.

You might want to consider a complete engine conversion for that extra power you are chasing. Drop in a h22a 2.2 dohc vtec & gearbox out of a jap spec prelude and you will have an instant jump from 143hp to 200hp plus the LSD and close ratio gearbox that comes with it. ( instant 40kw ) you could get a conversion for about the same money you would spend on mods to your current engine and end up with a LOT moe reliable power anyways.

a cd5 vti with a standard h22a engine cold air intake and catback exhaust is good for a mid to low 14 second quarter mile pass.

europro
23-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Good luck with your project.

Joeyboy
24-10-2006, 03:42 PM
hi chris. i too am a 5thgen owner. i drive a 95vti, which I LOVE to bits!! its certainly is a great design (not as good as Euro tho). i will soon be converting to H22. At the moment, I got a full catback exhaust, sports cat, and 4-2-1 extractors (ceramic coated), whch i had installd abt a yr ago & I must say that u can really feel the difference..especially getting out of that sluggish 1st and 2nd gears. much more responsive than stock. but i would definitely (if i were u...and im NOT) save up for h22, then turbo charge the sucka. then get a number plate titled "V8 EATER", hehe

Q_ball
24-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Welcome Chris :)

Dray_Templar
24-10-2006, 03:54 PM
welcome chris
Always good to have another accord member amongst us,
and good luck with you project

jdmkid91
24-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Welcome kuzz!! G/l on ur ride!! :)

ArouzD
25-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey thanks all. I must say that while I am learning a hell of a lot all the time, courtesy of Hot 4s and Fast Fours I still have alot to learn and am still feel like I am walking around in the dark most of the time.

So all your comments are greatly appreciated =) Will definitely think about a H22a conversion and/or a turbo conversion. I would like to do some bolt-ons for now while the budget is focused on other things, but thats for another forum! Thanks again guys and thx 4 making me welcome, its good to finally find a group of people passionate about something other than skylines, wrx's and commodores!!

5tH SiN
25-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Welcome to OH mate, and good luck with ur future mods :)

krogoth
25-10-2006, 06:05 PM
HALoow chris

since nikki hasnt asked yet, i will

are u hot chris?

PS, I ASK ON BEHALF OF NIKKI, lol

aaronng
25-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome to Ozhonda! CD4/5's do look sweet. Too bad the CD4 we have at home is having it's paint stripped by the acid rain.

ArouzD
25-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Lol, Im guessing that this is a chick asking.... I hope.

Um I guess you can make up your mind for yourself. I get a few ppl saying I have a hot bod and my gf is always saying so, but thats just her job...

Anyways heres my space url... RATE ME! (just kidding)

http://arouzd2.spaces.live.com/

Keep in touch =)