PDA

View Full Version : JDM B18C, Approx 200+hp, 800kg. >:)

Slugman
23-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi guys. :wave:

Suppose I better post an intro here.
I am nearly finished my car - Just sorting out the wiring to get the computer in, then I will finally get the engine going, fix the bodywork, paint the engine bay, get it inspected, rego'd etc

S'pose you want to know about the car.
JDM B18C - Engine, standard gearbox & aftermarket ECU.
2.5 inch aftermarket exhaust, cat & muffler, K&N Airfilter. Dunno about the actual horsepower, but I think it should be about 200hp or so.
No power steering, Air con, ABS, or in fact any modern attachments to the car at all, apart from the single-can fridges built into the door cards. Seats are autotechnica buckets.
Wheels are huge - 13 by 5.5 inch mags & low profile tyres.
Yep - Knew you'd be impressed. :p
The bodywork was pretty simple - I just dropped the engine into a Leyland Mini. As I said, about 800kg. :cool: Unfortunately it won't be a sleeper, but hey, what V8 punter would think that he has to worry about any little car, even one with flares & an air-dam.

Before you ask, Yes, it will be completely engineered, legal & roadworthy.

Edit - Bah! Spot the newbie who can't work out how to post pics. *Sigh* It must be different to the way I did it in the site below.
I don't have new pics with me here at work anyway - Just one taken after the engine went in about 18 months ago, but I have a few in the "www.16vmini.com" site - They are in the Members Gallery - Page 8 - "Slugman" They are not in historical order.
Please note that the front valance in the pics needs to be welded back on so the front of the subframe bolts to it, even though it is strong enough to support a flip-front.

BTW - You lot in the various honda forums have been a real help to all of us 16 valver mini guys with all your technical help posts, so if you need any mini info, just ask us. :) Just not too many Q's on wiring. I hate wiring, & I haven't finished yet.

VTi Boi - Cost depends on a lot of things, but for us in Aus, don't expect any change out of at least $30,000 (Without counting labour - I have done most of the work myself).

h22a Accord - Brakes are 10-inch disks at the front, standard drums at the rear - My engineer said that with the light rear-end, disks at the back would just lock up every time with the normal bias anyway.

EK4R
23-10-2006, 10:56 AM
any pics? sounds interesting

krogoth
23-10-2006, 11:17 AM
very interesting........

ive heard of this being done b4 with a k20, lol, it was running on like 200kw though]

picsorban:p

VTi_b0i
23-10-2006, 11:50 AM
welcome mate...
wat sort of costs are involved in getting the motor in anr the car running? i was conmsidering doing this with my motor aswell :p

h22a accord
23-10-2006, 12:18 PM
hope you got big brakes!!!! pics? I've had a few minis before i got into honda's. still got a make that is ripe for a b18c motor.

Stoosh
23-10-2006, 12:31 PM
haha thats great! definately pics!

Slugman
23-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Hope this works. As I said, it's an old pic

panda[cRx]
23-10-2006, 02:07 PM
hot stuff

tofu R
23-10-2006, 08:26 PM
very nice build ..
i was led to believe that the b18 block was too big to fit into a mini..
due to deck clearances etc..
but i guess not ..
nice stuff matie

Civic Type R
23-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Slugman .. You sound very very familiar :)