PDA

View Full Version : LCD Monitor problems...

SIR GSR
23-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Hey everyone...I have a 7" screen in the passenger sunvisor, but as of lately I have been having a few problems with it...

When it is a hot day, the screen shows in black and white only...until it cools down then the color comes back in.

Also, I have had a problem with it not showing anything for the last few days. Turns on and has power, but the screen doesn't even light up...I thought it might have been a power problem, but after checking it all out..no worries there.
I think the screen might just be dying....

Anyone have any experience with these, or have had the same problems?

Thank you.

tseesinngwailo
23-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey, its probably a component cant handle the heat, there could be a loose/bad soldering connection in it somewhere, if you or anyone you know is handy with a soldering iron, just pull the casing off and check the circuit board

SIR GSR
23-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't even know what to look for though....Not a usual thing for me to be dealing with....

SIR GSR
24-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Does anyone know what I should be looking for when I pull the screen apart on my day off?

Immediate help needed, as my 2yr old daughter is going insane in the car without her movies...and it's making daddy insane too..

stanleym
24-10-2006, 09:57 PM
hey tell me did u buy it off ebay... etc the ones similar to that its built in already just the install needed....

if so i was plannin on gettin1 mayb i would think twice

soudns like its just crapped itself

how long did u have it

warrenty??

EuroDude
24-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Yep sounds like dry joints on the PCB or the connector somewhere (Metal expands when hot). Basically someone needs to pull it apart and resolder the dry solder joints. They use very small components so you need a pro with a decent soldering iron to do it.

If its under warranty, get it repaired. Tell me you didnt buy it off eBay :eek: lol

Boban
24-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm starting to worry now, i just put in 2 screens in the visors (not off ebay and they have warranty) and i've noticed that the cases get hot in the car. I try and put up the windsheild shade thing whenever i leave the car for long periods of time in the sun (stoopid work doesn't have undercover parking) or leave the widnows down when i'm at home, but hopefully they won't start messing up.

Good luck with getting yours fixed

ErazeR
01-11-2006, 07:33 AM
just get a good LCD they are worth like 200 bucks