PDA

View Full Version : Mod 91 Integra - Noob

gavinmcmillan
23-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi All

When it comes to modding cars i know very little, and only know about some mods because i have heard or read a little about them.

I am wanting to get a bit more go out of my 91 Integra, it has a B18 A1 engine. I have done some mods for handeling, such as front and rear top and bottom sway bars, King Springs, 17" x 7" Rims and now it handles great, but now i want POWER!!

I have heard a few people talk about headers, extractors, CAT's etc and was wondering if anyone who has any experience in doing these mods to a 91 (or similar year) Teg could fill me in on the ups and downs and advantages to doing these sort of engine mods.

At present i do not want to put a Turbo on it as i cant be assed paying the insurance for it, but would like to make it as easy as possible to upgrade to a Turbo in the future.

What sort of mods should i go for, and what sort of $$ should i be looking at paying?

Also has anyone purchased any Acura aftermarket parts from the States, good / bad???

Cheers

Gavin

Mr_will
23-10-2006, 07:31 PM
please, for the love of god, search.

gavinmcmillan
23-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I have searched, I have also asked other questions in this post aswell, not just 1 simple question.

If you like feel free to post me some links to my questions as I cant seem to find what im looking for! That is after all the point of a forum, to help other people out???

aus91integra
24-10-2006, 02:33 PM
depends what you want out of your car .. that will determine what you want to do with it

acura = honda.. same shit
as for quality depends on what you looking at..

another big factor is money..

theres heaps you can do with anymotor.. b18a or a vtec..

Q_ball
24-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Dont jst post search guys.
Fair enuf advising them to do so, but enforce it with a link or with some sorta useful info.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699

Read the above Super Sticky in the Integra forum,
Has a lot of information headers etc for the teg,

I know a lot of the information is for newer models, however it will give you a feel for what you can do to get some gains.

Putting it simply, I/H/E will do you well.

dc2dc2dc2
24-10-2006, 03:31 PM
**closed Ftw**

Use Search Ftw !!!