PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser problems or maybe not

TypeRice
24-10-2006, 09:57 PM
hey my car is a bit wierd.. or it could be normal .. im not sure

i unlock my car.. then i go in and drive around its normal..
den when i leave da car..

after a certain amount of seconds if i exit the car and close the door without locking it..
the lights will flash and then the inside alarm red light thing will flash like as if the car is locked.. but the car aint locked.

and if i go back in the car and try start the car.. it will turn the engine off by itself..

i need to press the remote button to make that red alarm flashing light go away.. den i can start my car again..

man i hope i make sense

Boban
24-10-2006, 10:33 PM
I think it may be a problem with your central locking, Mine arms itself if you close the door and leave it for 30 seconds or something, the alarm sounds and flashes and locks the car, maybe you've got a loose wire somewhere between the alarm and the main door lock and it arms but doesn't lock.

But than again it may not be what i said if your car locks when you want it to lock....

TypeRice
24-10-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah i leave my car for 30 seconds or sumfing .. and it arms itself too.. but doesnt lock..
so u can still open da door and go inside, and start up da car.. but den da engine will stop coz its armed..

Its alright for me coz i know... so i just press da remote to unarm the car... but for other ppls using my car eg Mechanics and shit like dat.. dey dunno wats going on....

i need to get it fixed .. sigh

PS i dont haf alarm.. just immobilisor

Boban
24-10-2006, 10:50 PM
my mom's immobiliser does that, she just has the imobiliser and no alarm. It arms itself but doesn't lock the doors unless you press the button to lock them. She can't start the car at all unless it's demobilised, when you try the indicators flash like crazy til you press the button and disarm it and off you go, so going on that alone i'd say yours is pretty normal, but than again did it use to do this all the time?...did you just get the car/immobiliser and are unsure etc....

TypeRice
24-10-2006, 11:11 PM
i bought my car bout 2 months ago and its always done that.. im just wondering if its normal or not.. coz my old car didnt do dat..
but my old car didnt haf immobiliser.. it only had an alarm..

and now my new car has an immobiliser but no alarm

since u say ure mothers car is like that too, then i guess it could be normal

TRUMAN
24-10-2006, 11:28 PM
its normal dude.. my car does it to me all the time lol.. i was like u wen i got my car.. bloody always scares me wen the engine keeps turning off.. keeping thinking my car f#@!ED or someting but it was only the immobiliser thats enabled.. lol.. but yeh its normal.. btw wat alarm / immobiliser u using?

TypeRice
24-10-2006, 11:29 PM
i dunno man..

how do u find out..

its most likely stock yo

TRUMAN
24-10-2006, 11:32 PM
wat car u driving.? if the car is 99 and up then it could be factory standard immobiliser... if not.. wat does it say on ur alarm pad>? any branded word?

TypeRice
24-10-2006, 11:34 PM
all EK civics have standard factory immobolisers man
from 96 onwards..

but i dont haf an alarm

Bayani
25-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Sounds like everythings' okay with it.