PDA

View Full Version : AVI Components

Zilli
25-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Anyone here use AVI speakers at all?

I dont know of many people who do, but i feel they are some of the sweetest sounding, accurate speakers out there.

Just keen to see if anyone else has experienced them?

http://www.avisound.com/

ICACHA
25-10-2006, 10:14 PM
as long as your happy thats all that counts :)

Fhrx
26-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Like George said, audition as many different brands as you can but at the end of the day; it's your ears that need to be satisfied.

Zilli
26-10-2006, 12:41 PM
ive already got them. I've had their components for the past 6 years.

Just interested to see if there is anyone else out there who has heard them... best setup i ever heard it on in my friends shop was the custom install they did in a famous Australian lightweight boxer's Bentley... rather not mention names.

Anyhow... just gauging opinion... they are a litte pricey, probably why not many people have heard of them

destrukshn
26-10-2006, 12:45 PM
how much is pricey?

Zilli
26-10-2006, 12:56 PM
not exactly sure as i got mine done 6 years ago when i got the car done mate... Metrosound in Artarmons the joint to go too...

i remember at the time i was looking at the other mainstream companies and he demo'd these ones to me and i was stunned... 600 for a 5 inch combo with customer crossover...

aka_NSX
26-10-2006, 01:11 PM
they are a litte pricey, probably why not many people have heard of them

they are plenty of other brand is more expensive than AVI, the think is why not many ppl know about this brand coz only Metrosound is selling them maybe a few other shop but almost none and they are the importer too so they can put the price whatever they want, but i dont say AVI is not good but its not for my sound, if you like it then just stick with AVI

teaseR
26-10-2006, 02:10 PM
^^ dynaudio is really pricey... it gets into the thousand mark
apparently its the best of the best

Fr3aKi3
26-10-2006, 03:31 PM
^^ dynaudio is really pricey... it gets into the thousand mark
apparently its the best of the best

Entry level Dyn's are $899.... The new range is jsut around the corner and apparently will be a tad more expensive. It's hard to define the "best", my definition of best may differ to the next person. Personally I like Dyn's as it suits my personal preferences but then some might not like then since they don't have as much "attack" as say.... Boston's.

Zilli
26-10-2006, 04:25 PM
yep... i'll continue to buy AVI until i hear something that demonstrates for me better tonality, balance, and control in the reproduction of sound

my personal opinion

Zilli
26-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Entry level Dyn's are $899.... The new range is jsut around the corner and apparently will be a tad more expensive. It's hard to define the "best", my definition of best may differ to the next person. Personally I like Dyn's as it suits my personal preferences but then some might not like then since they don't have as much "attack" as say.... Boston's.

Well said dude, i dont sell audio products, whether its on a commercial basis, or through a web forum on a small volume or whatever.

I listen to music, so my view is simply from the perspective of someone with ears and appreciation of sound. Like you said everyone likes there sound in a different way, some brands have more "attack" like you said, i've had that personally and my ears are only just recovering!!! :D

Detail and quality of sound is what i chase now.... horses for courses i suppose