PDA

View Full Version : Projector head lamps for my ek 2000 sedan (Updated)

kanishkaz
25-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering where i can get a good pair of projector head lamps for my car in melbourne?

My car is blue, so would silver or black housing would look better?

And, what sort of bulbs should i get with the projectors to get the HID look?

Thnx :)

greatwhite
26-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Might be a good idea to retrofit some HIDs with projectors into your standard head lights. If I can get hold of some 99-00 head lights i'll post a DIY on how to retrofit HIDs

DvSnGuYeN
26-10-2006, 12:37 AM
retrofit?..

Fr3aKi3
26-10-2006, 01:13 AM
retrofit?..

Basically adding HID's into a car which didn't have them as standard but doing it the proper way. Retrofitting would use OEM projectors so that the light output is used efficiently/effectively, which reduces glare to other drivers on the road.

Sydsyd
26-10-2006, 10:50 AM
whereabouts r u? if u're in melb, then u can go to Motorware...they supply good projectors and @ reasonable price also...

depends on how blue ur car is, if dark blue/navy, then black would be best...if light blue or sorta like that, then chrome...IMO

that's my 2cents...

kanishkaz
27-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Thnx a lot for the advice guys.

I did call Motorware, and they've got a pair for $380, But i found a couple of em on ebay for around $300, So i'm just having a bit of a dilemma of which one to get.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/99-00-Honda-Civic-BK-DUAL-Halo-Projector-Headlights_W0QQitemZ260045851794QQihZ016QQcategory Z102560QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/99-00-Honda-Civic-BLACK-Projector-Headlights-Angel-Eyes_W0QQitemZ250042876976QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10256 0QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My car is navy blue, so i rekkon the black housing will look good.

Another concern i have is the angel eyes, i read some of the posts about the angel eyes burning out after a while.what do u guys think about it?

Thnx
Kanishkaz

saxman
27-10-2006, 03:55 AM
most of those headlights use very low quality led's in the angel eyes, which due to the heat inside the headlight, the poor quality of the components, and the lack of a voltage regulator, don't last very long. Unfortunately, the only real solution is to open up the headlight and replace it with something better... either a ccfl ring in place of the angel eyes, or replacing the leds with higher quality units, and changing the wiring to incorporate a voltage regulator, etc.

Sydsyd
27-10-2006, 08:43 AM
I got the projectors for the same price too...

I know that e-bay sells some also, but I'd prefer to pay a bit more for something that I know works and had warranty...plus if there's something wrong, u can go to the place str8 away...

I had my angel eyes projectors for over a year...haven't had any problems at all...saxman's idea sounds good too...might change the led to brighter rings if 1 blows out...

Fr3aKi3
27-10-2006, 09:16 AM
The ebay sale price is around 300 but then both have an additional $40 postage, so it's probably a better idea to pay that little bit extra and be able to go back to a store to return it if anything goes wrong.

kanishkaz
27-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Thnx again for everything guys.

It's settled then, gonna get them from motorware.

Cheers. :wave:

kanishkaz
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Need your help again guys,

I called Motorware and they were out of stock. So it looks like i gotta get them from ebay. I saw somone's post saying that if the projectors have H3s not to get them. I contacted most of the ebay sellers and all of them said that they have H1's for the high beam and H3's for the projector. What should i do?

Do you know any other shop in Melbourbe where i can buy them without getting them on ebay?

Thnx

saxman
07-11-2006, 08:25 PM
H3 bulbs are designed for very small fog light applications. The light output of a low beam projector using them is absolutely pathetic. I say not to use them as you'll see about as much of the road with your lights off as you would with them on.