PDA

View Full Version : DC2R: Coilovers done..now what

kwayzivietnamese
26-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi guys...
from the last thread, i have now purchased some coilovers..
Theyre cusco zero 2r with 16/12 apexi springs...atm i have the fronts on 2 and the rears on 1...and the ride height has been dropped about 1.5-2" max...
I find that when i push it hard on some roads, i tend to understeer abit more now than when i had my standard shocks n springs combo on...what to do? Or is this expected?
What can be done to correct this under under? Ive done left foot braking and it traces a perfect line but i dont wanna have to chew through brakes...wot else is there? I wanna go flat out thru the corner no brakes :cool:

STTICH
26-10-2006, 03:43 PM
mayb try stiffen ur chassis? i presume stiffening up ur rear would b quite useful for dc2r. rear strut & c-pillar shud b a good start.

btw... respect the roads and it'll respect u. don go too fast :)

Duesta
26-10-2006, 03:49 PM
tried installing a thicker rear sway + tie bar?? helps reduce understeer. Ask |N|, he knows ;)

Duesta
26-10-2006, 03:50 PM
mayb try stiffen ur chassis? i presume stiffening up ur rear would b quite useful for dc2r. rear strut & c-pillar shud b a good start.

btw... respect the roads and it'll respect u. don go too fast :)
dc2r's come stock with a rear strut bar dont they?

also c-pillars tend to attract more unwanted attention from the cops, upgrading to thicker rear sway bars are more subtle and make quite a difference

preludacris
26-10-2006, 03:54 PM
increase the damper on ur rear shocks i think. leave the front a bit softer. that should neutralize ur handling a bit.

RMN15N
26-10-2006, 04:20 PM
yes try increasing the damper as mentioned
get front strut bar,
lower tie bar,
front + rear sways
and the strut in ur boot

that should kill off all body roll
unless theres somthing wrong with your
lower control arms ie; toe angle out or somthing

jdm_kid
26-10-2006, 04:42 PM
u should research about understeer. Understeer is safer than oversteer.

Have a read - http://www.answers.com/topic/understeer

I think u think that the dc2r is the king of handling n u watch to many cartoons n movies.

oh btw what tyres r u running ?..

kinda think about it...i think ur approachin the corner tooo fast

DreadAngel
26-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Make your chassis more rigid like others mention

Front and Rear Strut Bars
Tower Chassis Bar
Lower Tie Braces

Then installed aftermarket swaybars and if you've got the money and want to go to the extreme, an entire control arm kit haha, thats what I'm doing eventually

RMN15N
26-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Make your chassis more rigid like others mention

Front and Rear Strut Bars
Tower Chassis Bar
Lower Tie Braces

Then installed aftermarket swaybars and if you've got the money and want to go to the extreme, an entire control arm kit haha, thats what I'm doing eventually

LOL.. yowie.. u just said exactly what i said!

DreadAngel
26-10-2006, 04:51 PM
>_< didn't see your post haha

jdm_kid
26-10-2006, 06:22 PM
and the strut in ur boot

http://s.bebo.com/img/smiley_laugh.gif

ekhybrid
26-10-2006, 06:27 PM
dc2r's come stock with a rear strut bar dont they?

its optional

HVL
26-10-2006, 06:37 PM
i have got cusco zero 2 on my dc2r for over a year. i have got 12k spring at the front and 9k at the back. i set the damper rate to 3 at the front and 2 at the back. the reason is zero2 oringinal sprint rate is 9k for the front and 6k for the back. so when u increase the srping rate so much from the oringinal. Damper rate 1 or 2 is not gonna to be sufficient enough to hold the rebound coming from the much harder spring rate.

try to increase your damper rate, and u will solve a lot of the problem. and it definitely out perform the dc2r standard suspension, but honestly 16k and 12k is way too hard to drive on the road, unless u only use the car for track, and that's where u can take any real advantage of a such hard suspension setup.

DreadAngel
26-10-2006, 07:18 PM
16K and 12K is damn near undrivable especially on the patch work roads on Aussie shores, you'll feel sick after even a short stint, I know cause I've done it before...

kwayzivietnamese
26-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Duesta - the itr rear sway bar is 24mm i think...theres not much out there thats more than 24mm..i think theres a 25mm but ppl say its not worth it because the improvement is negligable since the increase in size is very little...is this true?
The rear sway bar was optional for the itr, and i dont have it...howeva i do have the lower rear sway bar which i believe is standard on all itr's...

RMN15N - ok, ill give the dampening setting a go...what do u recommend? 2 front 4 rear? How about for track like wakefield? what would you recommend for that?

jdm kid - i dont think its king of handling...i think its more than adequate and much better than many other cars out on the road from factory...
Im running toyo t1r - no good?

DreadAngel - mmm the rates may be abit too firm...but its drivable...may not be as comfy as the standard ones...but livable :)

jdm_kid
27-10-2006, 09:12 AM
u should put up a poll for the dc2r owners n see if there having understeering problems ...
but i think its just the driverr..

shinji112
27-10-2006, 10:09 AM
bolt on a turbo jason! lol then a 50hp wet shot of NOS haha jkz

kwayzivietnamese
27-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Haha yeah np Cass :thumbsup:

kwayzivietnamese
28-10-2006, 12:49 AM
rear now at 4...sweet as :cool:
Prob go azenis rt615 all round next wen the pocket allows it