PDA

View Full Version : EG5 VTI 94 Hatchback with a few problems that need fixing

Lukezen27
26-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi guys

I have a few prob’s I want to get sorted

Ø Sunroof pop doesn’t work
Is this just the button? And how dose it make the roof pop?

Open and closes just fine but nothing happens when I push the pop button..

Next

Ø The central locking keeps blowing the stock fuse (20amp)
Works fine if I put a 30amp in but then the passenger side power window stops working so clearly there’s something a miss, Note if I unplug the wiring loom in the passenger door the central locking works with its stock 20amp fuse, so the problem must be in the passenger side door..

Last but not leased

Ø My drivers side door handle has broken or disconnected
I cant open the door from the outside.. Still working fine from the inside
Anyone got any tech pic’s or drawing showing how its all put together so I can fix it over the weekend?

Thanks guys

LukeZen

CRXer
26-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Is the sunroof the one with the 4 wires at the switch?

If so,one will be the black ground wire.
Bridge the ground wire onto the other 3 wires,one at a time.
One will open,one will close & the other will tilt.

If it does tilt up,then u know it is the switch,try opening up carefully & cleaning the contacts,u will notice one set of contacts will be black.Try some elec contact cleaner &/or a bit of fine grade wet & dry.

If it doesnt tilt up,then the tilt switch/sensor in the roof needs the same attention.Will either be part of the motor assembly as a sensor(dont know whether this is servicable) or a switch located around the pop up area.

As for the central locking,which one does it blow,the power windows fuse or the central locking fuse?

Are these both stock systems?

Do u have any aftermarket alarm or window lifters,etc?

Lukezen27
26-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Is the sunroof the one with the 4 wires at the switch?

If so,one will be the black ground wire.
Bridge the ground wire onto the other 3 wires,one at a time.
One will open,one will close & the other will tilt.

If it does tilt up,then u know it is the switch,try opening up carefully & cleaning the contacts,u will notice one set of contacts will be black.Try some elec contact cleaner &/or a bit of fine grade wet & dry.

If it doesnt tilt up,then the tilt switch/sensor in the roof needs the same attention.Will either be part of the motor assembly as a sensor(dont know whether this is servicable) or a switch located around the pop up area.

As for the central locking,which one does it blow,the power windows fuse or the central locking fuse?

Are these both stock systems?

Do u have any aftermarket alarm or window lifters,etc?

Hay man

Thanks for the reply

Not sure what the switch looks like as its been some time since I bothered tring to fix it, I'll take a look over the weekend. Thanks for the tip

Yes both systems are stock, no aftermarket systems installed

It blows the central locking fuse and when I put a 30amp in the passenger side power window stops but only after a day or two but the power window fuse doesn't blow, I just have ot remover the fuse and put it back in and it works again lol

Chi
26-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi guys

I have a few prob’s I want to get sorted

Ø Sunroof pop doesn’t work
Is this just the button? And how dose it make the roof pop?

Open and closes just fine but nothing happens when I push the pop button..

Next

Ø The central locking keeps blowing the stock fuse (20amp)
Works fine if I put a 30amp in but then the passenger side power window stops working so clearly there’s something a miss, Note if I unplug the wiring loom in the passenger door the central locking works with its stock 20amp fuse, so the problem must be in the passenger side door..

Last but not leased

Ø My drivers side door handle has broken or disconnected
I cant open the door from the outside.. Still working fine from the inside
Anyone got any tech pic’s or drawing showing how its all put together so I can fix it over the weekend?

Thanks guys

LukeZen

The Sunroof can be opened manually from the front of teh roof, a cap like circle can be removed and you need to use a allen key like metal thingie to open it.

See if that can help open it to determine if it jammed physically.

As for the door i had similar issues.

Had to take off interior panel and access it through the sound deadening.

you might need to get a new or 2nd plastic bracket that holds the metal hinge that moves once the door handle is opened.

Its a very weak part in the door and is a common thing in EGs.

Lukezen27
26-10-2006, 09:20 PM
The Sunroof can be opened manually from the front of teh roof, a cap like circle can be removed and you need to use a allen key like metal thingie to open it.

See if that can help open it to determine if it jammed physically.

As for the door i had similar issues.

Had to take off interior panel and access it through the sound deadening.

you might need to get a new or 2nd plastic bracket that holds the metal hinge that moves once the door handle is opened.

Its a very weak part in the door and is a common thing in EGs.

Hi Chi

The sunroof opens and close's using the button just fine but the pop button in the middle doesn't do anything ie pop-up

Thanks for the info on the handle, I'll check it out

f3liX
27-10-2006, 09:53 AM
with the sunroof....does it sound like its trying to open but not?
try pushing up the sunroof whilst pressing the button.
ive seen this happen before but this could be something different?

Chi
27-10-2006, 09:57 AM
maybe springs/mechanisms that push it up and popped out of its socket.

My friends civic had that prob, had to use hand to push it up.

Lukezen27
27-10-2006, 10:47 AM
with the sunroof....does it sound like its trying to open but not?
try pushing up the sunroof whilst pressing the button.
ive seen this happen before but this could be something different?

No there's no sound what so ever when pressing the pop button

maybe springs/mechanisms that push it up and popped out of its socket.

My friends civic had that prob, had to use hand to push it up.

Well it opens completely so I would think its all still in the right place

Lukezen27
27-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Guys I cant work out how to remove the door handle?

I've most off but the last bit I cant see how it undo's

destrukshn
27-10-2006, 10:41 PM
where are you stuck?

Lukezen27
28-10-2006, 02:38 AM
where are you stuck?

I've got it off but not sure if I'll be able to get the new one back on the same way

how are you meant to get the long thin things the conect them (wire type thingys

EG5[KRT]
28-10-2006, 10:10 AM
just jam 2 screw drivers on each side and flick it out

you are talking about the window winder thingy rite ? the little clip that holds it into the door panel ?

Lukezen27
28-10-2006, 10:21 AM
']just jam 2 screw drivers on each side and flick it out

you are talking about the window winder thingy rite ? the little clip that holds it into the door panel ?

Nan the steal rods

CRXer
28-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Take some pics of the door handle stuff,make it easier to know what your on about.

As for the fuse prob,since its all stock & the windows & locks are 2 different circuits,the only thing to cause a common fault between the 2 circuits is the,

-wiring loom,hope this not the prob as will be hard to locate without pulling looms apart,espec with intermittent fault.

-loom connectors,make sure all coupled together well.

-ground point,check its grounded well,will prob be the one behind/above drivers kick panel.

Also would recommend to not persist with the 30A fuse trick, as your using the wiring/fault point as the new fuse & u dont want something in an unknown area of your car getting this hot.Or carry a fire extinguisher if u must persist.

BTW,what is the connector u pull apart to relieve the fault in the passenger side,is it under the dash or in the door & what does it lead to after it if in the door?

Lukezen27
28-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Update

Handle's now replaced

Its not the sunroof button as I did that trick, no power coming fro there what so ever

The cent locking is aftermarket now that I've looked, so its prob just some dodgy wiring

Yeah I’ve stopped using the 30amp till I have someone look at it

I just pull the fuse out and wait a bit than put ti back in and she works again lol

Thanks guys

Luke