PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problem (steel mate)

wOlfee
29-10-2006, 03:38 PM
i have a steel mate alarm i tried to unlock the car with the alarm and it just sets the alarm of i thought maybe the batteries where dead but i changed them and still set's the alarm of..

does any1 no how i can disarm the alarm? or get around it i cant start the car =(

i have EG Si and it's a steel mate car alarm thanks for any help.

Devils
29-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Hey bud, Does the remote have two buttons? I know it seems stupid but people do do it! Usually one of the buttons is a programmed "panic" button.

Anyway your probably right and it's not anything to do with the remote.

You'll need to pull the cover off the dash to allow access to the ignition wires. Trace them back untill you find where the alarm wires are spliced in.

You will need to turn the siren off first (or cut it off if you can't turn it off).

Now it's just a simple matter of reconnecting the ignition wires. Just look at the colours and join the correct ones back together!
Pull the fuse out for the alarm (will be in the black wiring between ignition wires and the alarms box).
Then go get a new one put in! I suggest a mongoose or dynamco (depending what state your in).

EDIT: unless the 'steel mate' is a good alarm??? I've never heard of them. In which case your probably more inclined to get it looked at and possibly fixed.
I had a similar problem in my MR2 where the remote simply jumped a code and would still open the doors but wouldn't disarm the alarm! Just needed to put in the manual over-ride code and "re-program" the remote/s!

Nuttz
29-10-2006, 11:45 PM
so has the alram ever worked properly before? or have u just installed it and you cant fix the problem?

if you have just installed it i reccomend double check your wiring.. maybe u hooked something up wrong.

uneakz
30-10-2006, 01:46 AM
mate if your talking about the 3 way alarm i think it is.. in my opinion that alarm is crap..
i had it on my car for about 4 months was working perfectly.. after that it started playing up wouldn't unlock.. changed batteries etc etc still wasn't working at times took me 10-15 minutes to unlock the car..

i just wouldn't bother with it would just get a new alarm you can try take it back or try the warranty not sure if it will work but goodluck...

EDIT: unless the 'steel mate' is a good alarm??? I've never heard of them. In which case your probably more inclined to get it looked at and possibly fixed.

it's from jaycar

wOlfee
30-10-2006, 09:29 AM
i dunno much about alarm cause it was already installed when i baught the care.

The remote only has lock and unlock siren and X-siren(turnoff)

i guess ill have to try what you said thanks for info :D

Devils
30-10-2006, 09:56 AM
If u want a good price on a new alarm system give me a hollar!!!

Bayani
30-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I had the Alarm, never had a problem, got the same on on my car ATM.

Best bet is take it to an Auto Electrictian :)

wOlfee
30-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I kinda fixed it well i can drive my car now..

All i did was got the alarm box from under the steeringwheel and took the power out of the box.. so no alarm.

pretty stupid alarm! went to jaycar to get replacement alarm remote but they didnt really wanna help me once there wasn't one in the box :thumbdwn:

Devils
30-10-2006, 08:17 PM
haha oh man... so it wasn't even hooked up properly! That's a worry.

Hey whats your number plates? I'll come steal your car :P

TypeRice
31-10-2006, 10:11 AM
yeh lotta dodgy places dont hook up your shiet properly..

my immoboliser was not even hooked up properly..

when i opened up the dash.. underneath the steering wheeel.. it was messy.. had wires everywhere that are not connected no where..