PDA

View Full Version : iPod Adapter for 06 Civic

xenfacta
29-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey all, got my ipod adapter installed today but i cant access the playlists through the head unit. theyre supposed to come thorugh CD's 1-4 on the changer port but i only get CD5 (play all) or CD6 (auxilliary). i can still control the ipod from the click wheel which is good. anyone know how to fix this or how im supposed to set the playlists? cant find much on the net.

EuroDude
31-10-2006, 05:43 PM
What iPod adapter is it? Did u read the manual?

On my one I have to change the Mode in the settings menu to get that feature.

xenfacta
01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
neo ion, which settings menu?
yes i read the manual, not much info there

EuroDude
08-11-2006, 02:23 PM
neo ion ? Never heard of that.

On the Icelink, you press CD6 on the Head unit to activate the settings menu on the iPod

xenfacta
08-11-2006, 02:28 PM
CD6 is my auxiliary jack.

i found out the only way i can do it is to change a switch on the unit, which i cbf doing considering that i prefer to use my ipod control n i dont feel like taking the glove box off again.

JaCe
11-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Can u post more info about ur ipod adaptor and installation?

chunky
11-11-2006, 07:49 PM
sikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
theres 2 teachers that drive 06 civics at my skool n they park right next to each other
plus one has a ipod link to it nano ;)

JaCe
12-11-2006, 05:03 PM
To TC (xenfacta), is this your ipod adaptor?

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/productdetails.asp?type=FACTORY&make=Honda&model=Civic&carYear=2006&productID=712

I was watching a video podcast just then and it happened to recommend that model and they showed installation with an S2000. Can you post any info on how hard it was to install with the Civic 06's dash?

I also wonder how things'll work when I have the indash 6cd- according to the website though, indash stackers should still work.

xenfacta
12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
thats the one. i got mine from Cronulla Car Sound, who get it from Advanced Ice. it was pretty easy for them to install, it goes into the stacker port behind the radio. the hardest thing was me being a pain in the ass and getting the cables run into the bin under the radio and not the glove box like normal. ill take pics tomoroo

EuroDude
15-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Drill a small hole at the top of the bin out of sight, then pass the cables thru.

You can buy rrubber grommits from Clarks Rubber, if you ever need to fill the hole up. i.e. when you sell the car

JaCe
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread but to TC, just wondering if you could elaborate on how your iPod adaptor is going? I used my cousin's one and it was awesome even though it was a very old/primitive model for BMW (you have to label playlists "BMW1"-"BMW5", and then it doesn't display song name/artist on the HU).

xenfacta
12-12-2006, 08:06 AM
i love it. i odnt have to label playlists. it would pick the first five but i dont use it like that, i use it in the other mode which gives me basic forward back etc functionality thru the HU but full control of the ipod using the clickwheel so i can just go thru n select an album or playlist.

JaCe
13-12-2006, 01:02 PM
So there is no way to assign playlists to the 6 radio station presets on the headunit AND be able to control iPod via clickwheel?

Damn.

I remember reading some kits also support an additional AUX input as well as video output for the video iPods- that's something I'm looking into atm. Hoping to keep the budget under $350 (incl. install) for the iPod kit (not incl screen)... think it's possible?

xenfacta
13-12-2006, 07:53 PM
no its not possible. my kit has the auxiliarry port as well. setting the screen up would be a different issue tho i think. my kit was $380 from memory installed

JaCe
16-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Hmm... i'm still looking into it- I want to make sure I get all the stuff right FIRST time so i don't waste any more money than i need to. Thanks!

JaCe
26-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Sorry again to bump this old thread but..

Any good places to check out in Sydney for getting a decent iPod adaptor for my car? I've decided I want to save money on this, so the only requirement is that it lets me use my steering wheel controls to change track and has good audio quality (none of that FM transmitter crap). I can live without advanced playlist functions (I'm happy if it emulates a cd stacker bmw style for 1-5) and whilst track names would be cool, it's pretty pointless for me anyway since I listen to Chinese music.

Suggestions? Tips?

I also need it installed ><

xenfacta
26-12-2006, 09:22 AM
cronulla car sound do it. im very happy with the sound and u can use ur steering wheel controls

JaCe
26-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks. I'm looking at http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au - they have it for $349 installed. Shall consult Cronulla too though. :)