PDA

View Full Version : Nissan guru... convert me!!!

Devils
29-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey guys/gals...

How you all doing?

As i put in the title i'm a bit of a Nissan Guru and allways will be... but ever since i drove a Honda Del Sol (CRX i think they are?) in the UK for a week i've had a soft spot for them.

I got back from UK about 2years ago and have been looking out for a Del Sol to come up for sale for a decent price.
Problem.

1) There never seems to be many come up for sale ATALL anywhere in OZ.
2) Not ONCE have i seen one up for sale in W.A.

I guess they weren't an Australian release nor a high volume import?

It's a shame but at the same time i guess it's a good thing as you'll never see loads of them in the same place and probably extremely unlikely to find one modd'ed the same!

I'd like to learn a bit more about them so if someone could kindly post some links for me to look at specifically for the Del Sol that would be great.

Does anyone know if there are many still on offer in Japan on the Auctions for import?

Cheers,
Devs. (Craig)

EDIT: I've also owned a MK1 MR2... but i think i'd prefer the Del Sol over that again, even a supercharged one!

tRipitaka
29-10-2006, 07:56 PM
there is an Australian Delivered Del Sol.. but it's known as the gen3 CRX here (92-97).
just make sure you restrict the years when searching for it.. or you'll get gen1 and gen2's in your results

czy_sol87
29-10-2006, 08:12 PM
ur right i just did a search and there are no crxs what so ever for sale, u might have to go interstate to find what ur lookin for, but yes in general, there arent as many crxs as there are other hondas, which i love about them. it very rare to see them, and when ppl do see it their like "wtf is that"

Devils
29-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Oh really... awesome that will make insurance a bit cheaper for people!

I didn't realise that they went to 97. I thought they stopped in 94/95.

I dont think we can search 3 letter words... i have tried which is why i asked for links. Also i can't seem to find any sort of history on your website???

quangsta
29-10-2006, 08:18 PM
being a nissan head..

im guessing u probably do some sort of power mod....
turbo is probably the cheapest way to go...
this is an example of a turbo del sol of course not all cheap...heaps of money and time put into this but with these results who can complain...

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=12

edit: forgot the link

Spunkymonkey
29-10-2006, 08:25 PM
they might be rare in other states, but not in sydney. Quite a few about still. They just look a bit squishy for my liking. Engine, wise you can pretty much read up heaps of different set ups. Turbo/Supercharge, or do NA all motor - work the b16a or do a frankenstein combo :)

You'll probably find less for sale, as most owners still holding on to them.

silver_screen
29-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Hey guys/gals...

How you all doing?

As i put in the title i'm a bit of a Nissan Guru and allways will be... but ever since i drove a Honda Del Sol (CRX i think they are?) in the UK for a week i've had a soft spot for them.

I got back from UK about 2years ago and have been looking out for a Del Sol to come up for sale for a decent price.
Problem.

1) There never seems to be many come up for sale ATALL anywhere in OZ.
2) Not ONCE have i seen one up for sale in W.A.

I guess they weren't an Australian release nor a high volume import?

It's a shame but at the same time i guess it's a good thing as you'll never see loads of them in the same place and probably extremely unlikely to find one modd'ed the same!

I'd like to learn a bit more about them so if someone could kindly post some links for me to look at specifically for the Del Sol that would be great.

Does anyone know if there are many still on offer in Japan on the Auctions for import?

Cheers,
Devs. (Craig)

EDIT: I've also owned a MK1 MR2... but i think i'd prefer the Del Sol over that again, even a supercharged one!

I use to own a nissan 180sx... then i bought a real car ;)

RX7 and my lil daily civic lol

czy_sol87
29-10-2006, 08:31 PM
just did a quick search on carsales, and it came up with quite a few but in different states
http://www2.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private-search-results.aspx?price_min=&price_max=&search_type=21&make_id=19&selected_make_index=&model_id=344&keyword=&state_id=-1&search_postcode=&search_distance=25&rego_vehicle_id=&cs_body_id=&drive_id=&km_min=&km_max=&year_min=1992&year_max=&door_num=&cs_trans_id=&cylinder_num=&engine_low=&engine_high=

i_own_you
30-10-2006, 01:17 PM
there is a CRX club in WA :P

pm SINISTR

Zdster
30-10-2006, 01:26 PM
there is a CRX club in WA :P

pm SINISTR

He will have lots of good info. for you :thumbsup:.

JasonGilholme
30-10-2006, 01:27 PM
hey mate,

If you're really after a Del Sol/CRX your gonna have to go interstate no questions asked. I had to fly from brisbane to canberra to inspect mine before i got it and then drove her back.

its the only way i was going to be able to get one that was stock. Gotta love a blank canvas. ;)

I got a 96 model with 120k for 14,900. Awesome condition.

Make sure you inspect the rubbers around the roof and windows because these are very expensive to replace(about 2grand) before you buy one.

Good luck champ

Jase

Devils
30-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeh i've got a couple of Nissan EXAs so i know all about Targa tops!

I'm thinking i might just import one aye... we'll see. W.A. is a long way to travel just to inspect, and i wouldn't drive it back!

AsH_
31-10-2006, 03:58 PM
keep lookin, 1z bound 2 pop upz...

yeh delsol is a head turner since they are so rare...

i seen in my area maybe 2 or 3...
white and red 1z...

yourfather
31-10-2006, 04:01 PM
ecu-man still has a CRX for sale.

AsH_
31-10-2006, 04:02 PM
1 just popped up...

JasonGilholme
31-10-2006, 04:11 PM
pop

<-- theres one :P