PDA

View Full Version : My LS just died

leech
29-10-2006, 11:21 PM
ok,

i just went for a bit of a fang to see how fast the teg could get in third (on the open highway of course, ie no speed limit). whe i got back into town i pulled onto a round about and my car died, so i started it back up and drove home fine from there, its done this a few times before and i was just wondering what it could be?

panda[cRx]
30-10-2006, 01:29 PM
too vague to get a decent idea

could be ur dizzy, main relay even?

solitz
30-10-2006, 01:32 PM
is there any sounds that the engine made when it broke down...need more detail

leech
30-10-2006, 07:19 PM
No sounds at all, i simply pulled onto the round about and lost power to the engine, when i tried starting it it fired straight away and i was off again. i havnt lost any power or experienced any other problems

nugget666
30-10-2006, 08:25 PM
im guessing dizzy.

My old car did that once cut out and then started fine swaped dizzys and was running swang dangle again

panda[cRx]
30-10-2006, 09:58 PM
yeah if it's just happening when ur driving it then it sounds like ur dizzy. it's fairly common with older hondas. when i had my old d16a8 dizzy on it's way out the car used to just die when i fanged it.

Spunkymonkey
30-10-2006, 10:09 PM
did everything just turn off? all power? also remember to check your battery terminals...everything is tight, nothing loose.

Mr_will
30-10-2006, 10:12 PM
main relay.
very very easy to diagnose.

turn your car to on (ie 2nd click). you will here one click, and then hopefully a second click.

the first click indicates your fuel pump has begin priming. the second click indicates that it has finished.

if you dont hear the second click, then you aint gonna be getting fuel. this will cause exactly the symptoms you describe.

try this, and if it doesnt work, get back to us

CRXer
30-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Main relay usually a starting problem,ie car wont restart after turning off.Once its latched,it usually wont just drop out.

Sounds like a dizzy on its way out.

leech
30-10-2006, 10:36 PM
i'll have a look at the dizzy tomorrow cause i cbf right now, its onlg after i fag it it'll happen - sometimes on cold mornings to

Mr_will
30-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Main relay usually a starting problem,ie car wont restart after turning off.Once its latched,it usually wont just drop out.

or not, mine used to die all the time when driving.

CRXer
30-10-2006, 11:17 PM
or not, mine used to die all the time when driving.

Thats why i said "usually"

Once electrical contacts are made,they dont like being broken,so if they are breaking while established then there is some fairly nasty pitting on the contacts or some solder joint going bad,which will usually show itself as starting problems first before driving problems.