PDA

View Full Version : immoboliser problem

TypeRice
30-10-2006, 06:24 PM
hey guys..

yesterday i was at bunnings carpark.. and i couldnt unarm my immoboliser.. so that light keeps blinking.. hence i cant start my engine... so i called NRMA
they came down and they opened up the car underneath the steering wheel.. and pulled out 3 cables.. to disconnect the immoboliser..

so now i drive around with no immoboliser..

but the thing is .. what is the point of the immoboliser then?

if it can be disabled soo easily.. what is the point?

that is what i asked the NRMA guy .. and he said that the Key has a chip in it.. and you would still need the key to start the car up.

but now im asking myself.. should i go buy a new immoboliser for my car?

coz dis one is stuffed up.. and it aint even oem.. NRMA guy told me its also an aftermarket cheapy imoboliser.

but im thinking .. if he could disarm the immoboliser in like 10 mins..

n e thieve can.. so is there really a point in getting on? or is there sumthing else it does that i have missed?

thanks

Devils
30-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Firstly... it can't have been hooked up (installed) properly if it only took 3 wires to over-ride it.

Now... back to buying the immobilizer... if the sales person had known anything atall they would have checked your car first and if your key does have a chip in it (which means factory immobilizer) they should have told you that you didn't need another one.

Anyway some ***holes still do it just to get the sale.

It takes me 2mins to disarm immobilizers. But someone that doesn't really know what they are doing 1) Wouldn't be able to do it atall. 2) If they are semi clued up it would take them a while!

The bonuses of having an aftermarket immobilizer (if you do decide to buy a new one).
1) Flashing light... usually enough to deter most people.
2) Slows the bastard trying to take it down ALOT!
3) If installed correctly it would take most people atleast 20-30mins to get to the point where they could over-ride it.
4) If you get a new one, you will get an over-ride card that has a code on it. So if anything like what just happened to you happens again it is simple enough for you to get going again!

TypeRice
30-10-2006, 09:04 PM
thanks for the info man.

i didnt get an override card, and no codes when i bought the vehicle.
(The only cards i got when i purchased my vehicle were the Anti-Theft Radio ID cards.. which has a code number and serial number on it.. but that is useless as i dont even haf the stock headunit n e more)

So do u think its realli neccessary to install an immoboliser? since my key has a chip in it n e wayz.

if so should i go back to Honda to get a oem immoboliser or aftermarket?

ECU-MAN
30-10-2006, 10:26 PM
genuine immo can be overided quite easy if you know how to do it.

your aveage theif will have no idea how to do it and never be able to do it.

it takes time they wont have to bypass it.

aftermarket immo's can be overided in seconds if they are notinstalled corectly or if the thife is furmilure with the unit.

CRXer
30-10-2006, 10:41 PM
All really depends on how many immob points u have,how many different devices they are controlled by & how well everything is hidden.

Put a secret switch in on the fuel pump somewhere to add to the cheap immobs for those really nasty parking situations,that always fecks em up once they think theyve got past the immob they found.

TypeRice
30-10-2006, 11:11 PM
hey another question.. since now my immoboliser is not connected.. does that mean i can start my car with a key replica that does not have a chip.. so hence dont need the chip in the key to start the car?

ECU-MAN
30-10-2006, 11:19 PM
no

he did not bypass the factory immo.

TypeRice
30-10-2006, 11:22 PM
what are immoboliser "points" ??

oh also when da NRMA guy disconnected the immoboliser.. he pulled out 3 cables... and then he got 2 of those cables and joined them together ... like he got one of his own cables from his car and just joined the 2 cables together..

CRXer
30-10-2006, 11:45 PM
what are immoboliser "points" ??

oh also when da NRMA guy disconnected the immoboliser.. he pulled out 3 cables... and then he got 2 of those cables and joined them together ... like he got one of his own cables from his car and just joined the 2 cables together..

That means he has just taken out one of the "points' in your car.

Points are the number of wires broken by the immoboliser,ie one point might be your ignition wire,another might be fuel pump wire & so on.

He has just taken out the relay that the immob used to cut the wire that was joined back together,relay was stuffed.