PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion (DVD screens/Players)

destrukshn
31-10-2006, 12:23 PM
okay well..
i have a single din all in one unit
* very bland display plain blue background
* no moving pictures or fancy graphics, touch screen
* jsut a very basic unit.
* 2 rca outputs.
* shows the listing of your songs that is on the cd, on the screen
* very user friendly
* 6.5" screen i may add

i also have a high quality 7" screen and seperate dvd unit, which has giga mp3, 3 4.5v volt rca outputs, etc, sound features it is better, but since it's like a normal head unit, there is no listing. and nothing will come up on the monitor unless it's a clip or a DVD movie. so when playing music i'll just be using the dvd player, and reading from the dvd player. so overall, this package is alot more high quality, but not as user friendly.

which one would you use? and why if you can.
=)

Slow96GSR
31-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I'd sell them both and get a nicer unit over all. That's me though.

destrukshn
31-10-2006, 01:09 PM
like a all in one unit?
lol.
yes, that could be an option.

Slow96GSR
31-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I would shoot for a newer Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, or Panasonic unit. One from 05-06 years will get you a good quality unit and be a one piece unit with a brain for under the seat. Should all be touch screen and put up the song names on the screen. Pre-outs should all be about 5 volts and have a few sets. I would say a good $750-$1250AUD.

destrukshn
31-10-2006, 03:18 PM
for now i'd just like to see the peoples opinion on these 2 choices.
=)

Fr3aKi3
31-10-2006, 08:38 PM
What's currently installed in the car now? Planning an upgrade sometime soon?
Personally if I had the choice between the two i'd be sticking with what's already in the car until I can afford what I want to actually install.

Then again, if i was bored one weekend and had nothing better to do i'd probably be installing the screen and dvd player.

ErazeR
01-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Get an all in 1 unit, more compact and does everything..