PDA

View Full Version : Integra Speakers

Spinout
29-05-2004, 01:19 PM
I know the back speakers are 6"
But Im wondering what size speakers are at the front inside the door?
and Is it easy to gain access to these speakers?
I tried before but it looked complicated and I didn't want to rip my door apart and not know how to put it back.

And would anyone suggest me not to otherwise cut the back boot thing that can be taken off to cut in holes to put in 6 by 9s?
Or is it best to leave that alone if I wanted to sell the car ?

madgrk
29-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Which Integra dude? Dont cut the back out to put 6x9's in please. It'll only ruin sound. Get some nice front stage running off an amp and leave some stockies in the back off the headunit :) The cheapest way to get good sound :thumbsup:

lux_tv
29-05-2004, 01:50 PM
ive got a '94 gsi and my front speakers are 6 inch. Look on team-integra.com to find out how to take the door off.

From memory, they were easy to get to (i put new front speakers in a little while ago), but you might have troubles getting big enough depth to put new speakers in.

madgrk's advice is good, forget about 6x9s. If your buying them for bass you may as well get a sub.

lux_tv
29-05-2004, 01:51 PM
ive got a '94 gsi and my front speakers are 6 inch. Look on team-integra.com to find out how to take the door off.

From memory, they were easy to get to (i put new front speakers in a little while ago), but you might have troubles getting big enough depth to put new speakers in.

madgrk's advice is good, forget about 6x9s. If your buying them for bass you may as well get a sub.

Spinout
29-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Okay I will ditch the idea of cutting out the back to wack on 6x9s and just go with brand new 6" ones to replace all 4 stock speakers, reason for this is the front speakers are making distording sounds im guessing it's blown.
Thanks guys. I'll check how to open the door to replace the front speakers.

Oh and yes I have a 94 Gsi aswell.

JSL
29-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Anyone know what size speakers are in the front and rear of a 97 VTIR??

Thanks in Advance..

JSL
29-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Anyone know what size speakers are in the front and rear of a 97 VTIR??

Thanks in Advance..

Don't worry found it.. hehe 6.5" front and rear.. I hope that's right..