PDA

View Full Version : Blown Fuse Argh!!!

02ZZI
01-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Hello,

Ive blown a fuse for my rear lights which light up the number plate. Does anyone know where the fuse for this would be?

Also i think it blew a fuse for the right side head light aswell if its possible? because i got new bulbs today and i doubt i blew it because i put it in and it was working fine then when it wasnt....

My car is ek1 hatch so if anyone can help please do,

Thanks,

James

EG5[KRT]
01-11-2006, 05:14 PM
yeah should b under ur steering wheel.. for the number plate lights.. u should check ur owners manual.. and headlights im pretty sure if one is blown its just the bulb not a fuse...

muhhan
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
According to service manual:

Right head light (low beam) is socket 21 and uses a 10A fuse
License plate lights is socket 32 and uses a 7.5A fuse

Use your fuse panel cover to tell you where these sockets are located. In case you didn't know, when installing your bulbs don't touch the glass part with your bare hands as the oils and contaminants can shorten the life of the globe, causing it to blow prematurely (unfortunately there is no nasal delivery system for this sort of thing! :p )

02ZZI
01-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah just fixed it then turned out my light was blown, and fixed the fuse.

I think the head light was faulty because i didnt touch them at all as i know that touching reduces life immensly(i learnt the hard way). When i took the bulb out it was ahnilated not like a usual bulb looks when blown.

So mods can close thread if they want now as problem is solvered.