PDA

View Full Version : EG Breeze Chassis / Body Question

Dezerteagle
02-11-2006, 08:21 AM
I plan on buying an EG hatch shell for a project and the Breeze seems like a good option, being MUCH cheaper then the other models.

However, I plan on installing some high end suspension bits
- sway bars
- strut braces
- properly matched shocks and springs

Does the Breeze chassis / body work allow for these provisions? Being a 'budget' carby version I'm afraid it doesn't have these provisions. I will be stripping the car to bare metal and fully seam welding the chassis.

Also, anyone know where I could find a nice shell with all bumpers and panels in decent condition? Dead motor preferable

Chuckz
02-11-2006, 08:38 AM
dont see why the chassis wont allow it, it's pretty much the same as the other eg's

Sydsyd
02-11-2006, 08:46 AM
breeze and any other variations of the eg have the same chassis...it's just a matter of differences in engine and equipment for each variation...

IMO i'd prefer to buy a GLi as it's already fuel injected, and it wouldnt be as hard if u plan to do engine conversion in the future (i dont really know bout cost)...

Chuckz
02-11-2006, 08:49 AM
as Sydsyd said, breeze and gl does not have fuel injuction, better to get 1 that has, that is GLi, Si and Vti
(http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/Owners/Previous+Models/Civic/1992+-+1995/)

Dezerteagle
02-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Well I'm going to strip it down to bare metal, seam weld the chassis, install a half cage, respray and do a B18CR swap, maybe K20A if prepping body takes longer then expected and in that time one comes up for a good price.

In regards to being non-EFi I think I can just use the fuel tank, get an aftermarket external fuel pump and run aftermarket fuel lines.

It's going to be my second car / track car, I have another car for the daily haul, Civic needs to still be fully street registered though, no point having something I can only drive for a couple of hours a day once a month or so.

cris88
20-09-2008, 02:06 AM
breeezee is great choice for conversion :D
no airbags, no powersteering, no central locking, no power windows, no aircon....... u get my point....so nice weight reduction yO so pretty much a cheap way into getting a eg chassis... unless u want all those features that is...

GRU53M
20-09-2008, 07:47 AM
the 95 breeze came out with a Airbag wheel.

cris88
20-09-2008, 10:46 AM
whoooops i mean on 92 no airbagsss,,, but wit p/s :D

teh_mechanic
22-09-2008, 11:36 AM
my car started out as a breeze.
IMO the carby to efi conversion isnt worth the time and money (even with me doing it myself)....start out with a gli instead of a breeze, this saves you having to change the fuel tank and having to take the dash out to change the entire firewall wiring loom (not fun).

for the difference in price between the breeze and gli it isnt worth it unless you get a mega cheap deal on the breeze.

as for your suspension mods, the only thing that will stop you is the breeze and gli dont have a provision in the rear lower control arms to fit a rear sway bar, but thats easily fixed, you just have to swap your LCA"s out for ones from a different model civic or integra that has the provision for swaybar

everything else will be fine ( just be aware that if you use integra type r rear LCA's - like i have - that you need integra type r struts (aftermarket or OEM) as they mount differently than a normal civic or integra does)

JohnL
22-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I wonder what it might cost (relative to an EFI conversion) to convert to a single or double DCOE Weber set up (or DHLA Dellorto)?? Might be problems with emmisions regulations??

PNS 001_EG3
22-09-2008, 05:27 PM
body and shell exactly the same just run an asr brace in the rear if you are plan on tracking the car everything else is fine and you will need dc2r lower control arms for track sussy.

and sent a pm about a mint eg shell. got dc2r lower control arms/ k motor also

I plan on buying an EG hatch shell for a project and the Breeze seems like a good option, being MUCH cheaper then the other models.

However, I plan on installing some high end suspension bits
- sway bars
- strut braces
- properly matched shocks and springs

Does the Breeze chassis / body work allow for these provisions? Being a 'budget' carby version I'm afraid it doesn't have these provisions. I will be stripping the car to bare metal and fully seam welding the chassis.

Also, anyone know where I could find a nice shell with all bumpers and panels in decent condition? Dead motor preferable

PNS 001_EG3
22-09-2008, 05:31 PM
efi conversion isnt bad if the cars stripped and you get it at a good price. i got my efi conversion, tank lines, loom for $220 usually anywhere from 450 to 800