PDA

View Full Version : auto day/night GPS headunit display stop working on lux06

che_ryan
02-11-2006, 03:02 PM
I had this little problem with the GPS head unit, not major tough. You know the auto day/night settings for the gps display which automatically dim the screen when the headlight is on (during the night). That feature seems to stop working now, i didn't realize when but i found couple days back driving at night when the display was soo bright and hence i became bit distracted by it.

anyone had this problem before? any common quick fix for this? car still covered by waranty anyway.

thanks heaps

jamchen
02-11-2006, 03:38 PM
our euro isn't in the garage.. but try to set it again to auto by pressing setting buttom and there should be a slection of auto/day/night....
if it doesn't work... then take it back to dealer..

che_ryan
02-11-2006, 05:11 PM
i did try that just now couple of time still won't work :( i guest i should take it to the dealer....

hazchem
02-11-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah, this happened to me when I first got my Euro as well.

I had a dig through the manual, and it turns out that if you have the brightness turned up to full on the instrument display, the auto day/night feature of the sat nav display is disabled and it stays on day all the time.

mastcell
04-11-2006, 01:32 AM
If you have your headlight on and turn the dimmer/brigthness dial to to the brightest, the GPS/HU display will into the day mode. This is to allow you to see the LCD HU screen and the illuminated speedometer if you choose to drive during the day with headlight on.

To go back to night mode again, turn the dimmer down a few notch. That will fix it.