PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof closure- automatically shut your sunroof when you lock your euro...

LXRY
02-11-2006, 11:00 PM
(Automatically Shut your sunroof when you lock your car)
Ok as everyone knows this feature does not come with our euro's....but does with after market alarms and central locking. Well I've found someone who will do it for me next week. According to this guy it's as easy as installing 2 relays...this guys a pro done my mates car (complete new wiring loom for his car from scratch..hehe), not a Honda mind you.

If anyone thinks there would be a problem with this please tell....as still in the back of my mind I'm a bit worried, shouldn't be though cause this guys a pro, would appreciate some feedback from everyone....Can't wait :wave:

ZEi20T
03-11-2006, 06:56 AM
so you never leave the sunroof open? not even on a hot day have it popped up to let some of the heat out?

this is a major reason why i get a sunroof on my cars now, besides the fact that there is a hole in the roof :P

CRXer
03-11-2006, 07:10 AM
I got a module recently off ebay(sydney company) for $25,not a hell of a lot more than the cost of 2 relays.Nice little module as well,bout the size of a pack of ciggies.

Came with a rain sensor ,so u could tap it into the windows as well & make sure everything goes up if it rains,the one I got was a 4 channel(i got a 2 door crx,2 channels for windows & 1 for sunroof) but I'm fairly sure they offered a 5 channel as well.

This particular module,saves ya from the hot day problem,it allows u to adjust the windows/sunroof to where u want them on accessories position & if u have done this it will not operate them when the alarm is armed,it is reset once the ignition is turned on again,so u can go back & fowards to the car & windows will remain open each time u arm the alarm.

I used another old window closer i had previously(without all these features),hooked up to a second button on the remote, to wind the windows down on a hot day before i have to get into the car.

LXRY
03-11-2006, 11:07 AM
so you never leave the sunroof open? not even on a hot day have it popped up to let some of the heat out?

this is a major reason why i get a sunroof on my cars now, besides the fact that there is a hole in the roof :P

No i never do I live in Melbourne, three seasons in one day LOL.

ZEi20T
03-11-2006, 12:22 PM
dont you mean 4 seasons?? :P