PDA

View Full Version : EG9 - wierd idling

ToFuBoi
30-05-2004, 02:12 AM
my eg is twin cam and whatever else... not many major mods just a pissy air pod which i fit in myself..

problem is when the car is cold e.g in the morning or whenever and when i start it up it usually revs up to 2 (maybe just a bit over) and stays constant.. thing is after about 30seconds when its getting warm.. the revs fluctuate from about 1 to 2... just up and down up and down (over 1 second) continuous untill engine gets warmer (after say 2-3mins)...

anyone can help me?... it started about a month ago when daddy changed oil and filter and now is starting to get on my nerve..

cheers, tofu

Setanta
30-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I had this issue and in fact it eventually got to the point where the idle was out permanently. I replaced the TPS (this will not be your problem - mine had been tampered with) but I also replaced the Fast Idle Valve to solve the errant idling.

Going through my EE8 (Euro CRX SiR) manual, it lists 3 things based on the symptoms you describe:

1)Fast Idle Valve
2) EACV
3) Bent idle screw from being over-tightened.

You might like to check the ECU to see if it is flashing and then check its code.

Not knowing your car or even seeing it, I wouldn't like to venture a guess, but you might like to have the 3 areas above checked.